Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Davis
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, holy crap, this game is awesome. I just have a few questions after our first play of the game...

1) "Old Mexican Town" says "If you own, or tie for, the most Houses in Goat Hill, you score 5 VP." What if there are 0 houses in Goat Hill when the card is played? Will the 5 VP still be rewarded?

2) When placing a special building (hospital, civic, etc.), and the building is placed on owned lots, does it give a VP to the lot owners just like it does when building houses, commercial buildings, etc.? The rules mention it specifically under each section about building, except for under the special buildings section. We assumed that it still does, and that's how we played it, but we are wondering if we played it correctly.

3) When building/placing buildings using a card event, and the card says to place multiple things (X houses, X lots, etc.), when you place them, are they considered to be placed one-by-one, or simultaneously? The reason I ask is because it seems like if you place them one-by-one you could extend out the city grid with each individual building/lot placed. If they are placed simultaneously then I'd assume you would have to place all of them on the city grid as it exists when the card is initially played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drachetanzer wrote:
First off, holy crap, this game is awesome. I just have a few questions after our first play of the game...

1) "Old Mexican Town" says "If you own, or tie for, the most Houses in Goat Hill, you score 5 VP." What if there are 0 houses in Goat Hill when the card is played? Will the 5 VP still be rewarded?

2) When placing a special building (hospital, civic, etc.), and the building is placed on owned lots, does it give a VP to the lot owners just like it does when building houses, commercial buildings, etc.? The rules mention it specifically under each section about building, except for under the special buildings section. We assumed that it still does, and that's how we played it, but we are wondering if we played it correctly.

3) When building/placing buildings using a card event, and the card says to place multiple things (X houses, X lots, etc.), when you place them, are they considered to be placed one-by-one, or simultaneously? The reason I ask is because it seems like if you place them one-by-one you could extend out the city grid with each individual building/lot placed. If they are placed simultaneously then I'd assume you would have to place all of them on the city grid as it exists when the card is initially played.

(1) You own NO houses in Goat Hill, so you cannot score 5 VP
(2) Yes - owners always get a vp when another player uses "their" lot.
(3) My guess is one by one...seems to be the simpler ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Broadhead
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Really happy that you like it! I'm hoping to get in another play this weekend.

#1. Yes you are right Gary, if nobody is present-nobody scores Goat Hill, poor desolate Goat Hill.

#2. Funny when we play people always place them on new land since they have that ability. I have to check the rules for exactly the final ruling on the special buildings over lots, but yes if they went over 2 lots those players would get vps accordingly.

#3. Yes you do them one at a time so you can extend the grid. I don't have the rules in front of me but that was the intent.

Cheers,
Wade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luish Moraes Coelho
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven´t played the game yet, still getting use to the rules to teach it well and not spoil the experience (and push away people from this game that seems to be very good).

It would be great to have this clear in the Glossary or the player aid.

What matters to me the most in this thread is:

Build is different from Place.

To Build, one must occupy a lot owned by someone or the city.
To Place, it may be "built" :blush: on the CITY GRID, which includes any vaccant lot AND adjacent spaces (reffering to the question three from above).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.