19 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Assassin in the Palace 6! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Everyone that plays this game enjoys the challenge. This is not normal Werewolf and I invite you to try a new experience that will make you think in ways that you aren't used to. There are no real mechanism issues - it's all about how people interact with each other. Can you figure out the Max Evil in time?

---------------------------------------------

This roleset was initially based on a recommendation from BlackSheep.
The first game went fairly well, with tcrudisi pulling out an evil win on Night 3. Here's the first game.
The second game came down to a Team Good win, when zd00 mis-brutal'd and the King lived. Here's the second game.
In the third game, assassin Vanderscamp focused on survival and outlasted every guard to kill the King and escape scot-free. Thread three.
In the fourth game, assassin Gelrod was found in time and missed the King with his brutal for a Team Good win.
In the fifth game, assassin TFang was found in time and missed the King with his brutal for a Team Good win.

---------------------------------------------

Using MafiaScum.Net as the source, here is the basic setup:

Team Evil:
1 x Assassin

Team Good:
1 x King
? x Guards

Rules:

Everyone on Team Good is informed of the identity of the King (and only the King). Team Good loses if the King dies.

Team Evil wins if the King dies. The Assassin only gets one shot at the King. The Assassin will be given both a "Retaliate" order and a "Night Kill" order, but they only get to use one. Note that the Assassin does not have to be alive at the end of the game to win.

If the Assassin Retaliates or Night Kills the wrong person, than he loses and the game ends.
If the Assassin is lynched without a Retaliate order in, than he loses and the game ends.
If the King is killed - for any reason - Team Good loses and the game ends.

If more than 11 people sign up, then I will put in an additional Assassin. The ratio will not be greater than 10:1 against Team Evil. The ratio will not be better than 5:1. I will list specifically how many assassins are in the game when I call the first dawn. Assassins will NOT get a chat, but if there is more than one, than Team Good will have to survive them all in order to win. If any Assassin is successful, then all of Team Evil wins.

Lynch (Dusk) will be at 4:30 PM BGG time.
Deadline for any possible NK action (Dawn) is 5:00 PM BGG Time.
There will NOT be any Dusks or Dawns called on Saturday or Sunday.
Tiebreaker: longest held last vote

Any questions?

Current minimum requirement of 6 Players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
For consideration:

TheSparky wrote:

ThatFedoraGuy wrote:
Something I noticed about our community is that many of us have high ranking poster microbadges: mb mb mb mb

And some of us have these: mb mb mb

And some even have this: mb

But few of us have this: mb

This doesn't need to be.

------

I would like to encourage everyone to use mb more.

I know that we don't like to use it while in the midst of a game, but there is no reason why a game thread that has over 60 players only has 29 mb. (I'm looking at you, Massacre).

Thumbs cost us nothing, and are a great way to say, "Thank you!" or "Great Addition to our community!" or even just "Hey, I hear you bro!"

So here is my mb challenge:

devil Every game should have at least the number of mb as there are players.
ninja Any game you read and enjoy should also receive your mb.
zombie Any non in game post that you enjoy, gets your mb of approval.

We're a really supportive community. While I know we are not the For the Love forums, we can at least show the support we actually have.

In other words, read the Wolfie thread and don't be stingy with your thumbs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Want to join other games?
Here's my most recent advertising post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Bottom line: If you can't be an active player, replace out. For the sake of every player that plays to the end and has zero idea whether you're good or not, play or get out. Stop sitting in a role if you're a minimalist.

No one cares how good you play. No one expects anyone to be Avin but Avin. No one can be nolemonplease but nolemonplease. The only people judged against ljtrigirl's standards is ljtrigirl, and ditto for every single player. Play to your ability and everyone will appreciate it. Judge yourself against your history, not against everyone else's or some mythical 'forum standard'.

But take note - you will be judged (and not favorably) if you are absent and continue to be absent. Don't meet the minimums and then hide. Don't beg to stay in 'because tomorrow will be better' unless you can guarantee it. Don't be scared to play.

That won't cut it anymore. Not in my games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
AnneAa
bunkermatt
FaleohFang
gelrod
JaredW25
Smugvid
Syntax3rror
TFang
WolfParade

9 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1649...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
*yawn*
badge
*sleep*
mbmbmbmbmb
I love that the original post emphasizes Gerald's failure twice. Please don't fix it and make sure it stays for all future games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
You don't get a lot of pull when you won't sign up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
What about makers of other dairy products?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally selfish request: the game is currently up to start Friday, Jan 6th. Could it start Monday the 9th instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
TFang wrote:
Totally selfish request: the game is currently up to start Friday, Jan 6th. Could it start Monday the 9th instead?

Well, I start games on Fridays so people can discuss - or not - over the weekend. First lynch is never on Friday. I don't even start fast games on Friday.

Or are you saying that Monday is a bad day for a first lynch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
TFang wrote:

Well, I start games on Fridays so people can discuss - or not - over the weekend. First lynch is never on Friday. I don't even start fast games on Friday.

Monday is fine, I just take the schedule start date as when the first dusk is. So I wouldn't have signed up if we didn't have this chat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
TFang wrote:
linguistfromhell wrote:
TFang wrote:

Monday is fine, I just take the schedule start date as when the first dusk is. So I wouldn't have signed up if we didn't have this chat.

Trend analysis for the win.

My 'game start' is always the game start, not the first dusk. No worries, I appreciate your asking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it makes you feel better, Monday would STILL be bad for me if it was Jan 6th. =) 'Tis the busiest day of my year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolf Parade
Netherlands
flag msg tools
It's set for Jan 6th 2016. Might want to change that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
WolfParade wrote:
It's set for Jan 6th 2016. Might want to change that.

Meh. You just have to be good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Heh. Thanks, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Just take a moment for yourself
badge
I have no idea
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to be the assassin and kill king TFang.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt B
msg tools
mbmb
sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
*yawn*
badge
*sleep*
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:

Cassie was down
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
JaredW25 wrote:
linguistfromhell wrote:

Cassie was down

You're going to let a little thing like that slow you down?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.