Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know this as yet? I prefer a dice component to combat, not purely cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Robbage wrote:
Do we know this as yet? I prefer a dice component to combat, not purely cards.

It is a test using your combat skill against the combat of the monster. You use cards then pull a token form the bag like any other test.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
To clarify: The game doesn't use dice for randomization; it uses a token bag with different contents depending on difficulty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want dice this game not going to appeal to you.

You use cards to get extra points in any check you do then draw a token from a 'grab bag' of tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the other hand, if you want dice because of the extra layer of randomization on top of the card draw, the "bag of chaos" may suit you just fine. It will be sort of like a die with a high (and adjustable!) number of faces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like chit pulls about as much as I like card resolution for combat. Probably won't work for me. But thanks for the quick and comprehensive replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robbage wrote:
I like chit pulls about as much as I like card resolution for combat. Probably won't work for me. But thanks for the quick and comprehensive replies.

well... you can always roll dice and consult a table with the related chits. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J N
msg tools
calpurnio1973 wrote:
Robbage wrote:

well... you can always roll dice and consult a table with the related chits. whistle

It should be a matter of a few days until a table is out with the numbered chits for every scenarios/difficulty so you can just roll a die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is quite literally a pure card game with cardboard tokens to create random chance I see no reason for a dice... Frankly it boggles the mind why anyone would insist deeply on a dice but your copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Neff
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, doesn't a table get thrown out the window if they start adding and removing tokens from the bag? Well more add then subtract. I just really enjoy the evolution and adaptability of the chaos bag, and the idea that the tokens will change based on story events and choices you make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillette
United States
New Richmond
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doma0997 wrote:
Also, doesn't a table get thrown out the window if they start adding and removing tokens from the bag? Well more add then subtract. I just really enjoy the evolution and adaptability of the chaos bag, and the idea that the tokens will change based on story events and choices you make.

Easy, just make your completely unnecessary and redundant table with pencil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like dice because you enjoy the tactile feel of the cubes in your hands and the sound of the dice hitting the game then this game is not for you.

If you like non-deterministic combat with random elements then this game is for you. The chaos bag is exactly the same as rolling dice to determine a random element. There are ways to manipulate the bag just as you would with die rolls. There are effects you need to use before you do the "random", and effects which you use after you do the "random".

In addition to that, the bag lets the game change the odds constantly over the course of a game/campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Breese
msg tools
rsdockery wrote:
To clarify: The game doesn't use dice for randomization; it uses a token bag with different contents depending on difficulty.

*Token bag not included.

And this is what really rubs me. So much talk about the "chaos bag" and "token bag." Nope. I'm going to be using the "chaos pirex bowl".

I really wish they would have charged us a dollar or two more and just threw in token bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
cephalopoid wrote:
I really wish they would have charged us a dollar or two more and just threw in token bag.

So for the incredibly minor inconvenience it will prove to be, spend a dollar or two and buy a token bag yourself?

I'm lucky enough to have one spare as I've got a bunch of dice pouches over the years, not all of which are currently in use. I suspect I'm not the only one, so from my (our?) point of view I'm happy not to be charged for a bag I don't need and can instead spend that money on more card sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a dice bag sure I can thing of something...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Burns
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice sock? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndyWBurns wrote:
Dice sock? shake

No....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndyWBurns wrote:
Dice sock? shake

I bet my gf would be ok calling my sock a "chaos bag"

If anyone want to buy one, PM me! Please note though, that I take no responsibility for the state of your cardboard once it been submerged into said sock!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan Mašát
Czech Republic
Praha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndyWBurns wrote:
Dice sock? shake

Dice sucks.
I will probably write customisable app. Faster than bag, more versatile than a die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.