Subject: Proxy Minis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas DP
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
In anticipation of the arrival of this game (Wave 1 shipping, whoo! Should be here by the weekend!), I visited my FLGSs last week to try to find some good Reaper Bones to use for this game instead of the tokens. (Some of Mr. Scanlan's proxy minis can be seen on his blog post here: http://vorpalchainsword.blogspot.com/2016/04/ravingspire-her...)

Well, I wasn't lucky enough to find the perfect proxy for all heroes yet, but here's a few I'm considering.

First we've got Juliette the Sorceress. Could be good for Dawn the Righteous or Aurora the All-Knowing, although Dawn wears a hood and Aurora holds a staff. But look at those great long sleeves, which both Dawn and Aurora have as well. Aren't Dawn and Aurora supposed to be twins? Maybe I could get a second Juliette and just paint them different color schemes. laugh

Next is Halberand the Cleric. I was thinking of using this guy for Garsome Cinderheart because of his hammer, beard, and armor, but the giant book he's holding may not really fit that character. Maybe he found the book while in the Tower and is clinging to it like it's the last of his sanity? Idk, might keep looking for a better mini for Garsome...
Also, I want to clarify, Garsome is NOT a dwarf, right? Mr. Scanlan? laugh Not sure if it is his beard or what, but I found myself considering Dwarven minis for him. laugh

Finally, Merisiel the Rogue. Ok, she's got Elven ears (and obviously needs a hot water bath to straighten her posture laugh), but other than that, I think this may be the perfect mini for the Crimson Reaver!

Anyone else working on proxy minis for this game? I'd love to see them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Scanlan
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Juliette and Halberand look like good choices for Dawn and Garsome (who isn't technically a Dwarf, but definitely has Dwarf-blood in his ancestry). And yes, Dawn and Aurora are twins.

Its funny you point out Merisiel the Rogue. I also considered painting that exact mini (after clipping those Elf ears, of course), except I couldn't actually get her to permanently stand straight up and down, even after the boiling water trick. She just slowly bent back to her 45 degree angle over time, like she's banking around a turn at high speed. Maybe she's supposed to be Matrixing up a wall or something? Either way, she's totally got the Crimson Reaver thing going on otherwise though.

For Aurora I actually used 'Hyreika, Dragonthrall Mage.' Her pose I think captures Aurora's vibe really well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Newhoff

Kansas
msg tools
I turned to Descent figures so far. I picked up:

Tetherys (1st edition fig.) - Quinn Alpbanc
Leoric of the Book - Marcus the Runelord
Lindel (2nd edition) - (not sure I was planning here. Lol)
Astarra (2nd edition) - Aurora the All-Knowing (or Dawn)
Silhouette (2nd edition) - The Crimson Reaver
Corbin (2nd edition) - Garsome Cinderheart

Game "should" arrive tomorrow but might not be able to open it if I don't get the deluxe version I pledged for so still might not know if any of these will work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas DP
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I like those, Troy! I still haven't gotten into Descent myself, hence I'm sticking with Reaper Bones for now. Although, I'm starting to consider that we may find some contenders in Zombicide: Black Plague or the upcoming Massive Darkness.

Cory, you may be right about Merisiel. I've tried boiling and straightening her three times and, while the angle is not as bad as it used to be, she's still not standing up straight...
Also, I like that Hyrekia, but I haven't been able to find that mini... currently considering these two for Aurora, maybe...

Anyway, here are my Garsome and Dawn, all painted up!

I'm still pretty new at painting (these are literally the fifth and sixth minis I've painted), but I'm happy with how these turned out. I was going for a "Reavers in Red, Runelords in Green" scheme to coordinate with the card art. This resulted in Dawn looking a bit like a female Link from Legend of Zelda laugh but oh well, I still like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Newhoff

Kansas
msg tools
So I'm playing / learning for the first time on sunday and need a figure for Florence badly!!! Don't have one from Descent. -(

Any suggestions from reaper that my FLGS might have in stock??

What are people using for this mini?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Newhoff

Kansas
msg tools
Was browsing Reaper Pathfinder miniatures and think the following might work:

Technic League Captain (maybe add a basic round shield) - as Florence

Valeros, Male Fighter (version 2) as Darius?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always paint that book he's carrying so it looks like he's got a copy of the game with him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.