Subject: Game of Life - Evolution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reinhard S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hallo,

this game has been criticizes a lot because of it's luck dependancy, but still - it must be considered to be a real CLASSIC board game.

There were quite some changes in rules and in design, some making it better (i.m.o.), some making it worse... It is intere4sting to view just some of the aspects, there are many more.

The Insurances were reduced and finally dropped (sad Thing, because the decidion RISK vs. SECURITY is one of the few decisions Players make i this game...)

The Professions got their own Cards (nice), later with effects on the board (also nice), the salary was drawn independantly from the professio later (strange, but OK)...Now the Effects are dropped again...

The "LIFESTYLE" tokens were introduced (from 50.000 - 250.000!), lates Edition with "LIFE" Tokens (much cheaper: 10.000-40.000)...

The "Buildings" were kept till now (Germa Editions...), but the Spinner has lost much Quality (sad, no more spiner-noide...)

Status-symbols were important at the beginning, they gave Revenue - the only income allowed in the Millionaire's Villa. Later they no longer gave Revenue, but You could use them to "buy" yourself "free" of penalties if You did not have them. Quite some time now they have disappeared (too much "Capitalism" i the game?)

so there was much Change in this Game.

Quite contraray to i.e- Monopoly - another "Capitalstic" Family game, which had many Version considering the aspect, but alwaxs stayed true to ist Initial design.

How do You evaluate the Change of "Game of Life" ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.