Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to clarify that the new rule in place that a player with an Assassin mission still gets credit for the death of his target even if the Assassin themselves didn't do the killing is in fact NOT carry over to Bounty Hunter Missions?

I'd assume not because the "target" of Bounty Hunter Missions is vague... as in "Any Outlaw ship."

EDIT "PS":

I do think the Assassin should still have to visit the space in which the target died... or adjacent to it. Thematically he is delivering the corpse to his employers and should have to at least pick that up... or confirmed data that they died in the Star.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be fine with requiring the person to enter the sector that the ship died in... to "scan" it. Anything more than that seems a little unnecessary to me. I don't see a need to mark the exact hex, and I especially do not see a need to force someone to enter an Asteroid hex or some other hazard, for the sake of completing that mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had in mind using the old "X" Exploration Tokens, face-up, to mark the space it died. The Assassin would only need to get adjacent to it to "claim" the corpse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a great idea. We should start discussing other ways to utilize those old exploration tokens too!

However I stand by my opinion that it's overly restrictive. After all you can destroy a ship clear across a sector with missiles... I think entering the sector should be sufficient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd agree with that. Entering the Sector with the "X" would be sufficient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.