Kill Doctor Lucky» Forums » General

Subject: New v Old rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
Ok, so i have borrowed a version of the original game from a friend, and we all love it, so i was looking to purchase a copy.

Now the first edition print that i have, is superb and we all love the game mechanics and how it plays, but the newer game is almost a completely different game now.

Has anyone played the new and old version, and how did they find the differences in rule changes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myron Fairweather
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I think the overhaul of the rules has made it the game it always should have been.

The "spite token" addition (*) to the original game moved it in the right direction but that emphasis (murder attempts rather than skulking around and collecting cards) is now built into the base rules.

Also, from a game-explainer point-of-view, I would say they're "better" rules because I find them easier to explain, and I'm not having to tell players the same thing more than once.

(*) there are two versions of the "spite token" - I'm talking about the one that's been kept in the new rules where each failed attempt increases future attempts by 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
cheers

i watched a few videos and it does seem they have refined the rules so it makes the game different, but more evenly balanced

i like the fact one person cant just train the Dr and collect a load of cards anymore

its due to arrive in the next day or two, so i will have a look and see

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
got my new version and played it for the first time before, anyone with the same worries as myself need to banish them, the game is so much better with the new rules

we even played the escape from the mansion at the end, which was just as fun as the original game

we just ended up trying to kill each other which was a blast

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.