Subject: Custom Mini request rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
Greetings,
My nephew and his fiancé love Zombicide. I am trying to figure out if it is possible to get miniatures made of the couple, as a wedding present. Any clue how to contact the creators of the game and get this done?

Cheers.

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Hi Andy,

It would be terrifically expensive to go through the company that made the minis for that game, plus I'm sure their schedule is all full of larger run boardgame minis rather than just a single figure. Molds for these types of minis can range up into the thousands of dollars - depending on what technique you use, and the company is not set up to make custom, small-run figures.

You probably want to check out Heroforge:
https://www.heroforge.com/

While not that cheap, this would be a good alternative for your friends.

It's also just a kind of neat site to play around with!

Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Looks like more details on where the minis are made can be found in this thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1643837/who-manufactured...

That minis-making studio is based out of Hong Kong or nearby (I think?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies and… Read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gylthinel wrote:
Greetings,
My nephew and his fiancé love Zombicide. I am trying to figure out if it is possible to get miniatures made of the couple, as a wedding present. Any clue how to contact the creators of the game and get this done?

Cheers.

Andy

Or you might look at Reaper's "Bones" line of RPG minis and try to find a couple that resemble them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't need them to do this, in fact I don't think they could help you much except recommending some sculptors. It's a sculptor you need. Either that or a 3d modeller and 3d printer. Call a wedding cake chef/shop and ask them if they have or know sculptors who can make custom figures and contact them to find out if they can do that at 28mm scale. They would be local to you probably.

Your only other option is to look around on kickstarters or ask in miniature website forums like the one at REAPER, or even facebook, for a sculptor to do the job. It won't be cheap, but since you don't really need reproduction rights you might be able to work something out with the artist. I hope you have time to wait though, I'm sure many of them are busy with other work currently, if the number of miniature kickstarters are any indication.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During the season 2 campaign, 3 supporters were given the chance to get their likenesses made into zombies at $1500 or into survivors at $2000 (the game being $150 of that). This would have been very low, as they were going to be part of a mass produced game and not a one off. I'd try to find something that's close then have them professionally painted to reflect their fashion sense!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
And now I'm super curious...

Let us know what you end up doing, if you are able to pull this together!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
for what is worth it..
+1 the rec for heroforge.com

I just order / received my wizard gnome and a human pirate cleric for me and my bf new DnD campaign. they are really neat. I found someone to paint them for me (waiting on that, but I have seen his work before).. anyway, find someone to paint them, average for painting is like 5us per mini and Voila!

the best option would be to find a sculpt, but then finding and making the mold would be PRICEY for ONE mini (to my understanding); unless you find a company that does one in resin which would be pricey but doable, though no as durable.

good luck..
and agree, lets us know how that goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
Good suggestions everyone. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pouic POUIC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Andy, you can see this review (it's in french but you can see pictures) :
http://zombicide.eren-histarion.fr/reportage-croise-tzdolls

That's a review about a french company which can make personal minis from photos, a member try it and is satisfied (100€ for two minis here it seems to me). I don't know if they send in other countries.

The direct link :
http://tzdolls.fr/en/content/8-figurine-personnalisee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.