Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Brudz
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
VIP ROOM
If the VIP room is occupied, does it take one action to bump a person from the VIP room and a second action to move the new person in, or is that all one action?

Can you move a non-star into the VIP room. For example could you move the regular who sits at the bar into the VIP room to avoid serving him drinks.

MOBSTERS LEAVING THE CLUB
There doesn't seem to be much of a down side to letting patrons leave the line / club unhappy, other than lost revenue. Am I missing something? If there isn't any further penalty, then letting mobsters leave the line instead allowing them in if they would break your alcohol, seems like a no brainier. It also seems a little un-thematic. Wouldn't an annoyed mobster want to take their irritation out on the club that didn't let them in?

MOBSTERS IN THE DECK
Under the managers section the rules list that there are 5 Italian mobsters and 15 Irish mobsters. When I counted the cards in my deck I found 5 Italian and 19 Irish mobsters. What should the correct number be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willett
United States
Chapel Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.blacklocustgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb

VIP ROOM
If the VIP room is occupied, does it take one action to bump a person from the VIP room and a second action to move the new person in, or is that all one action?

ANS: One action to bump, another action to move in.

Can you move a non-star into the VIP room. For example could you move the regular who sits at the bar into the VIP room to avoid serving him drinks.

ANS: Why yes! Yes you can and this is an excellent strategy to leverage when you are a young club with no celebrity presence!

MOBSTERS LEAVING THE CLUB
There doesn't seem to be much of a down side to letting patrons leave the line / club unhappy, other than lost revenue. Am I missing something? If there isn't any further penalty, then letting mobsters leave the line instead allowing them in if they would break your alcohol, seems like a no brainier. It also seems a little un-thematic. Wouldn't an annoyed mobster want to take their irritation out on the club that didn't let them in?

ANS: In the earlier scenarios it may not matter much. Later it can have a tremendous impact as you will be fighting for every dollar earned!

MOBSTERS IN THE DECK
Under the managers section the rules list that there are 5 Italian mobsters and 15 Irish mobsters. When I counted the cards in my deck I found 5 Italian and 19 Irish mobsters. What should the correct number be?

ANS: 16 total mobsters (5 Ital, 11 Irish) Looks like you may have some duplicate mobsters and possibly some missing patrons. Could you run a count of how many of each social class you have and send me a geekmail so we can work together to determine what you are missing and have replacements sent out? Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yavorski
United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is thread-jacking, but I see that Casey's responded here. Are these shipping? Haven't gotten a KS update, so it seems odd for them to be showing up to people. (esp if they're non-backers. shake)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Backers have been receiving games for at least the past week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brudz
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
I had 3 Irish mobsters that were unique and 8 that have 2 copies. I will look at the rest of the patrons (aristocrats and politicians) when I get home but I don't think there were duplicates if I remember correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willett
United States
Chapel Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.blacklocustgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
PBrudz wrote:
I had 3 Irish mobsters that were unique and 8 that have 2 copies. I will look at the rest of the patrons (aristocrats and politicians) when I get home but I don't think there were duplicates if I remember correctly.

Yes there should not be any dupes. All the patrons should be unique. Send me a geekmail and lets try to determine what you are missing so we can get you some replacements sent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.