Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
The House of the Worm
Independent Terror

Pay 2 Doom and 2 Power to obtain this loyalty card, then place the House of the Worm at your controlled Gate.

Combat: 0
Cost: 3
Count: 1

The House cannot move, be forcibly moved nor take Pain results. (If eliminated, it can be Summoned in another Area.)

"Mighty is our lord, the Worm. Mightier than all the kings of heaven and of earth is the Worm. The gods create; man plans and builds; but the Worm effaces their handiwork.
Mighty are the planners and the builders; great their works and their possessions. But at last they must fall heir to a narrow plot of earth; and even that, forsooth, the Worm will take away.
This is the House of the Worm; his home which none may destroy; the home which we, his protectors, have made for him.
O Master! On bended knee we give thee all these things! We give unto thee man and his possessions! We give unto thee the life of the earth to be thy morsel of food! We give unto thee the earth itself to be thy residence!"

- Mearle Prout, "The House of the Worm"

Ability: Plague of Death
Action: Cost 1
All enemy players who have Monsters or Cultists in the House's Area or Areas adjacent to the House must eliminate one such Monster or Cultist.

"Spring came, and the encroaching menace had expanded to a circle ten miles in radius, with a point in the wood as a center. Slow enough, to be sure, but seemingly irresistible... The quiet, lethal march of the disease, the death, as it was called, still remained a mystery - and a fear.
[...]
'The plague is spreading. It began in the wood, but it is out of the wood now... The world is doomed. Come with us, and live while you can. We must all die.'"

- Mearle Prout, "The House of the Worm"

What do you think of it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it. I think the ability needs to be more expensive, perhaps scaling based off of the number of players (i'd lean to number of players - 2). Imagine being in a seven player game and paying a single power to eliminate (if everyone is around the area) a minimum of six power of units. That's too powerful IMO.

But I love the idea and the concept. Well done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
I like it. I think the ability needs to be more expensive, perhaps scaling based off of the number of players (i'd lean to number of players - 2). Imagine being in a seven player game and paying a single power to eliminate (if everyone is around the area) a minimum of six power of units. That's too powerful IMO.

But I love the idea and the concept. Well done!

Thanks for the comment. You have a good point. How about this?

Quote:
Ability: Plague of Death
Action: Cost 1
Select up to 2 enemy players. Each selected player must eliminate one Monster or Cultist in the House's Area or Areas adjacent to the House if they have any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.