Hide
5 Posts

Impulse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Team Impulse rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobias Funke
msg tools
The rules state that in team play, "Each team has its own Impulse, populated only by the cards its members play."

Is this instead of the communal impulse, or in addition to it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hawkins
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is instead of, but I'm sure in addition to would make for one hell of a variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Funke
msg tools
Thank you.

Is it just me, or is this a very large change from the normal game?

Normally, you have to be careful with what you play to the impulse, because your opponents can use it against you. In the team game, it seems like you can always just play whatever card would provide the most benefit right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Felsher
United States
Rancho Palos Verdes
CA
flag msg tools
mb
Not only that, but in the team game, you can verbally request that someone on your team play a certain card to the impulse, as long as all players can hear you....no secret requests.

I've never played the team game....unfortunately I'm the only one in my group of friends that likes this game...and I like it a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup! It makes the game interesting and different. You can play teams with a common impulse, too, if you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.