Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
Necromancers of Giza
Independent Cultists

Pay 2 Doom and 2 Power to obtain this loyalty card, then place one Necromancer of Giza in any Area where you have a Unit.

Combat: 0
Cost: 2
Count: 2

The Necromancers of Giza count as Cultists.

"There are no greater necromancers upon the earth than the priests of this cult. Any traveler seeking the study of necromancy must come to the Sphinx, or his education is forever incomplete... Any who enter the gate of the Sphinx bear the mark of Nyarlathotep upon their bodies, where it remains until death, and indeed endures beyond death, for it can never be expunged."
- Donald Tyson, The Necronomicon - The Wanderings of Alhazred

Ability: Reduce to Essential Salts
Ongoing
Whenever you Summon a Monster, you may choose to place it on this loyalty card (reduce it to essential salts) instead of placing it on the map. Monsters reduced to essential salts are not considered in play.

Ability: Raise Up from Essential Salts
Unlimited Action: Cost 1
Take any number of Monsters from this loyalty card and place them in a single Area where you have a Necromancer of Giza.

"The essential Saltes of Animals may be so prepared and preserved, that an ingenious Man may have the whole Ark of Noah in his own Studie, and raise the fine Shape of an Animal out of its Ashes at his Pleasure; and by the lyke Method from the essential Saltes of humane Dust, a Philosopher may... call up the Shape of any dead Ancestour from the Dust whereinto his Bodie has been incinerated."
- H. P. Lovecraft, The Case of Charles Dexter Ward

What do you think of them? I'm not sure if they are balanced. The fact that they provide Power as Cultists might make them overpowered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Carroll
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Cthulhu Wars Homebrewers Unite!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how balanced this will be, but I'm totally going to use these when I get the Homebrew Cultists in. To balance it I may end up not allowing them to gain power, but maybe build gates? I don't know. I'm trying to figure out neutral cultists myself, so I may bounce between these and whatever house rules version I come up with. I'll let you know if my group runs into any issues with yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Pr0xyWarrior wrote:
I don't know how balanced this will be, but I'm totally going to use these when I get the Homebrew Cultists in. To balance it I may end up not allowing them to gain power, but maybe build gates? I don't know. I'm trying to figure out neutral cultists myself, so I may bounce between these and whatever house rules version I come up with. I'll let you know if my group runs into any issues with yours.

Thanks, man! I'm glad to hear you like them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.