$15.00
$5.00
$20.00
Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
32 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Techno Bowl: Arcade Football Unplugged» Forums » General

Subject: MFL WEEK 3- SIGN UP TODAY! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rattlers @ Warriors
RESERVED

Ninjas @ Yellow Jackets
RESERVED

Engines @ Gorillas

Kittens @ Greenbacks

Banditos @ Sushi

Ragnarok @ Pandas
Franck Levebrve

Griffons @ Pills
RESERVED

Big Cats @ Trucks
RESERVED

Bighorns @ Jack o Lanterns

Reapers @ Tridents

Lumberjacks @ Tyrants GAME OF THE WEEK. FULL REPORT EXPECTED.

Spaceships @ Chefs
Reserved

Monsters @ Bulls

Pitt Bulls @ Regals
Rob Koch

Revolt @ Omegas
Reserved

Falchions @ Ankhs
Reserved

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason "J.T." Taylor
United States
North Highlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everett - could you explain this post? =) I'm excited but I don't know why?
4 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jt4jc wrote:
Everett - could you explain this post? =) I'm excited but I don't know why?


Gladly!


We are now onto the third week of playing every game in the MFL season. You can read about it here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1630119/season-simulation-s...


Basically, you sign up to play a game, play it, then report the score.



You can find session reports and highlights all over the forums!
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason "J.T." Taylor
United States
North Highlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toenail21 wrote:
jt4jc wrote:
Everett - could you explain this post? =) I'm excited but I don't know why?


Gladly!


We are now onto the third week of playing every game in the MFL season. You can read about it here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1630119/season-simulation-s...


Basically, you sign up to play a game, play it, then report the score.



You can find session reports and highlights all over the forums!


That's really cool! I'll probably jump in once I get the Pixel pack from the Kickstarter so I can PnP the game. =) I don't quite have the skills these other folks do to pull off the PnP w/o the files. =)

I'm excited about this game!
3 
 Thumb up
0.04
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franck@DoW
France
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Everett!

I only made 6 teams for my PnP so that will limit what I can play. For instance, this week I can only play Ragnarok @ Pandas if nobody signed up for it already...
When are the results to be posted ?
Is it ok if I play 7vs7 - no skills?
Just testing out the water with one game under my belt (Lumberjacks vs Pandas : 9-0 BTW, just saying ;oP)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have the Pit Bulls and Bighorns made up right now. If you give me a couple other teams I can create those and start running a game a week (maybe two).

What are the "official" rules we're using?

-Rob
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franck@DoW
France
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robkoch2112 wrote:
I only have the Pit Bulls and Bighorns made up right now. If you give me a couple other teams I can create those and start running a game a week (maybe two).


Not sure of what you mean by that...
If you're talking about the stats, all of them are available directly from the KS campaign:
- stars # and skills in the team previews
- regs # in the pledge levels description
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we play with skills? Which Solo rules are we using (as this is my current option based on time right now)? I do have the full rosters (some names are made up) but have not printed up all of the cards/standees as I prefer physical games to virtual ones. I can create them but it adds time to each step.

Since I just finished my PnP build I haven't actually played any games either! whistlewhistle

Works been a bear and the kids activities in the fall keep me on a tight schedule.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play with or without skills, that is your choice. Once you get enough experience with the game however, I would like you using skills. The home team chooses if 7on7 or 8on8. Do whatever you want for solo.


Post results directly after completing the game to this thread. NormandyWept has been doing an excellent job with his standings pic that he posts on occasion.


Also, guess what? Ragnarok vs. Pandas will be the first official MFL game played in France!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can take either:

Bighorns @ Jack o Lanterns
or
Pitt Bulls @ Regals


That way I can produce another team and expand my league over the next weeks. I can also add a team a week (or two) to expand my offerings, but I'd like to take it slow and give others a chance to hop in!
3 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robkoch2112 wrote:
I can take either:

Bighorns @ Jack o Lanterns
or
Pitt Bulls @ Regals


That way I can produce another team and expand my league over the next weeks. I can also add a team a week (or two) to expand my offerings, but I'd like to take it slow and give others a chance to hop in!



Pitt Bulls Regals it is!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Halfway through the game... Regals dominated the clock but through the judicious use of timeouts the Pit Bulls have evened the score..

Quick check... 2 timeouts per half?
2 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
robkoch2112 wrote:
Halfway through the game... Regals dominated the clock but through the judicious use of timeouts the Pit Bulls have evened the score..

Quick check... 2 timeouts per half?

There are 2 timeouts per team per game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voodooink wrote:
robkoch2112 wrote:
Halfway through the game... Regals dominated the clock but through the judicious use of timeouts the Pit Bulls have evened the score..

Quick check... 2 timeouts per half?

There are 2 timeouts per team per game.



And calling a timeout adds a minute and prevents the second cube from being added on a run, right?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Revolt find clever ways to blow games. They started off hot with an 80 yard TD off a pitch by Fast, then three defensive stops. But on fourth and 70 Fortune throws a perfect ball to Marvin, who takes it in for a TD. The Revolt then fumble a handoff to give the Omegas a 14-7 lead at the half, Omega ball to start second. Omegas throw a pick, returned to the 10. All the Revolt have to do is pitch it into the endzone. Fumble. Omegas up 21-7 with 3 minutes to go and no TOs for the Revolt.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Toenail21 wrote:
And calling a timeout adds a minute and prevents the second cube from being added on a run, right?

Yes, when you've already used up all of the regular yellow time cubes.

Even the REVOLT have games like that every now and then.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the final minutes of the game the Regals are handed another loss as the Pit Bulls pulled off a 2 play, 80-yard drive due to some horrible tackling ability by #7...

Final score: Regals 14, Pit Bulls 21
2 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
REVOLT (0-3), 10, OMEGAS (2-1) 21
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franck@DoW
France
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


I've only noted theactions of the beginning of the game (sorry)
1st Half:
- Ragnaroks win the toss
- Steve Vaughn passes to #65 who runs along the right line
- Cameron Dyne tackles him on the Ragnarok 30 yards line
- Ragnarok #65 throws a 70 yards bomb but the ball slips from Randy Lichen hands. Cameron Dyne is nearby: Interception!
- Cameron hands of the ball to the #68 on their 25 yards.
- Ragnarok #46 tackles him on the Ragnarok 30 yards line after a 45 yards run.
- Panda #68 to #47 -> Touchdown!

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! The struggling Pandas managing to upset the heavily favored Ragnarok is huge!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robkoch2112 wrote:
At the final minutes of the game the Regals are handed another loss as the Pit Bulls pulled off a 2 play, 80-yard drive due to some horrible tackling ability by #7...

Final score: Regals 14, Pit Bulls 21


Yay! A division rival lost to the most unlikely of teams! And the AFC North continues to dominate, bringing it's total combined record to 5-0 against teams from other divisions.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FALCHIONS (1-2) 14, ANKHS (3-0) 24


Vic Mexico fumbled once and threw a pick in this battle of division rivals. And the Ankhs continue to cruise, zooming ahead of the rest of the pack.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Trucks are running over the Big Cats 14-0 on the Spreadsheet Stadium right now, with the ball on the 50 and 4:00 to go. Can they score again?!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BIG CATS (1-2) 0, TRUCKS (1-2) 14

MVP is definitely Derrin Books, with his incredible blitzing that controlled the running of Fault while putting extreme pressure on Warmer.



Trucks fans rejoice, you finally have a win!
4 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone planning on playing some more games?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.