$30.00
Scott Dornian
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I generally hate being this nit-picky with the rules unless the specific issue comes up, and well, it came up last night so here we go:

The question is: When in the latest point at which having more than 25 points can trigger that this is the last round? (The question was partially answered here, but was not exact enough. https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1294644/end-game-phase)

Situation: Four players playing, three of whom have already passed at the end of winter. Player four has two dystopian buildings and 23 points. He then passes which brings him up to 25 points during the residual phase.

It was argued by some players that there was nothing left to do in the year so this shouldn't trigger the last-year. He argued that, yes, there was still his wake up chicken to place, which is the last thing to do in the year.

We played that he won, thoughts?

EDIT: He was pretty proud of this move

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a question that also relates to the Statue building in the Structure expansion. Residual VP like that (and VP gained from placing your wake-up token) cannot trigger the end of the game.

Here's how we say it in the Tuscany rulebook: "The game is over at the end of a year in which a player has reached 25 or more victory points by the end of winter." So if you've passed out of winter, you're no longer in winter, thus VP gained at that point do not make the game end in the current year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abigail Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
*looks at game page... Tuscany*

*looks at subject... Euphoria*

*reads comment... seasons... sounds like Tuscany... dystopia... sounds like Euphoria*

*reads response... Tuscany? Euphoria?*

*sits down in confusion*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank J
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abigail91 wrote:
*looks at game page... Tuscany*

*looks at subject... Euphoria*

*reads comment... seasons... sounds like Tuscany... dystopia... sounds like Euphoria*

*reads response... Tuscany? Euphoria?*

*sits down in confusion*

One of the Tuscany modules is a bunch of structures with the dystopian theme and artwork from Euphoria.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dornian
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my goodness, what I fool I've been. I forgot that some regular structures also give residual VP bonuses so I didn't look hard enough there!

Thanks a bunch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.