I just picked up the base set of Legendary and it has quickly become my new favorite game! I played a solo game last night, here is how it played out and how I played it:
1. Mastermind: Dr. Doom
2. Scheme: Midtown Bank Robbery
3. Heroes: Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Emma Stone
4. Villains: Skrulls
5. Henchmen: Savage Land Mutates - Played with 3 of them
6. Master Strike Cards: 5
7. Bystanders: 2
8. Scheme Twists: 8(as stated in scheme)
I forgot to:
1. Play another card from the Villain Deck after a Master Strike
2. After a Scheme Twist place a Hero from the HQ (that costs 6 or less) under the Hero Deck.
Alright, I ended up winning the game but was only two Scheme Twists away from losing and they were the next two cards in the Villain Deck.
I defeated the Dr. Doom 5 times (completing the Final Blow - per Dark City expansion). I allowed no villains to escape the city. I could have defeated Dr. Doom one turn earlier but decided instead to kill a villain with 7 captured Bystanders.
Final Score: 37
my favorite hero