Subject: Solo Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Torc Binns
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
When I got the game home I wanted to work through the game to know how to play when my wife was home to play. I also do not have many friends local that I can call on to play.

I found that it is fun to play it solo, like playing extreme solitaire.

Anyone else do the same?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes!

With this and just about every game I play. I call it "solo multiplayer", as opposed to "multiplayer solo" - where multiple players are playing the same game with minimal interaction.

I usually try to follow different strategies with each side, and I don't hind it too hard playing each side to its best ability.

I am about to start a solo play of a 3 province campaign of SeaFall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
skallatorc wrote:
When I got the game home I wanted to work through the game to know how to play when my wife was home to play. I also do not have many friends local that I can call on to play.

I found that it is fun to play it solo, like playing extreme solitaire.

Anyone else do the same?

Are you playing both sides? It's a great way to learn games, I'll agree. I find it a bit of a mind bending exercise to play well for both players the whole time though (see most of Rahdo's runthroughs and you'll see it's a common problem. ).

Have you tried this fan-made solo variant? It's a pretty fun variant, quick playing, and means you can focus on your own strategy instead of splitting your mind in two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal michal2013
msg tools
Hi

I am working on solitare Variant. I have been just finishing testing.
I will try to translate rules and upload on BGG.

Best Regards.

Michał.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam (AFK/Away)
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Variants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.