Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean McDonald
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The future of Train Heist will be announced tomorrow. You can hear it first on the facebook page, which is found here: https://www.facebook.com/trainheist/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool!
But since I am not a supporter of how facebook is being run, I hope you will do an update on BGG or/and Kickstarter as well... ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McDonald
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, for sure. I'm sure it'll be on some news sites as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't suppose its this...

Train Heist ‐ Second edition (2017)
Publisher: Cryptozoic Entertainment

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McDonald
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Here it is!

Press release

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
Will there be any gameplay and/or component changes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McDonald
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be gameplay changes but they can be played easily with the previous version of Train Heist. Refer to my posts in the 'Variants' forum for some examples! As for components, I suggested 'fixes' to things that bugged me, such as the cowboys falling off or tipping the horses, the issue with the magnets being off center, etc. and made it my goal to fix these issues, which I feel I have. I also actually had 3 Wanted Cards removed from this new version of the game, as I felt they weren't as useful. The game itself is fundamentally the same, but the rule tweaks allow for a more consistant experience, not just with player counts, but as a whole. I know the whole package coming together will make the experience that much better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats on a being able to have a wider release. That must be very exciting for you.

Yay Alberta!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McDonald
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House Rules
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
Don't follow me! I'm lost.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am sure there will be a PDF of the new rules here in due time.

Also I compared components with the new version and the only difference - there were 15 wanted cards in the KS edition, and only 9 in the new one. Otherwise all the same. That is 6 cards difference though, and not 3 cards.

As to the Magnets - mine are fine.

To the horses, well mine now have little saddles (small square of leather or fabric)- keeps the cowboys on great, and I simply glued them onto wooden discs so no tipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McDonald
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually corrected them on that. It should be 12 Wanted Cards. But yes, 3 were cut. I also had the 6-shooter card reworded. Rules were clarified, some were added. The cowboys will also be getting square crotches to prevent them from constantly tipping off the horse. Not an issue for everyone but was for some.

The issue with the magnets, I suspected, was that they were too close together on the punchboard and the larger magnet messed with the smaller magnets polarity getting banging around in transit. I had them rearrange the punchboard to prevent this were it the issue. I also had the middle points of the meters removed on v the board itself so should it be millimeters off alignment it wouldn't be noticeable as you'd have nothing to compare it too. I had mild OCD so maybe I fixed this more for me than anyone, haha.

I love how you customized your game. Please share pictures on here sometime!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Are the three recent rule variants because of the 2nd ed?

Also, will the be promoting it as co-op or competitive?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McDonald
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The two of the three rule variants are something I've been toying with for a while but decided to let people try beforehand.

The Sheriff bouncing back was recommended by one of Cryptozoic crew, which I felt was a great idea! No more inconsistent games where the Sheriff is motionless for most of the game. They're rare but they happen.

Irresistibly, as any designer would given the chance, I was granted the circumstance to be able to tweak and refine my game through Cryptozoic. It would be unthinkable for me to turn down that opportunity!

It's still being promoted first as a co-op, but with a Versus mode option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MrGlubGlub wrote:
The issue with the magnets, I suspected, was that they were too close together on the punchboard and the larger magnet messed with the smaller magnets polarity getting banging around in transit.

The real problem is different, see here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.