$35.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Z War One: Damnation» Forums » General

Subject: Grenades? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian Firth
United Kingdom
near mold
flintshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are grenades 1 use explosives? And can I use a grenade in alert?

I believe they are as common sense suggests so but one of my group pointed out that it doesn't specifically say so unlike some cards that do and having an infinite amount of grenades makes no sense either.

Not sure about using them in alert mode but seems doable.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firthaa01 wrote:
Are grenades 1 use explosives? And can I use a grenade in alert?

I believe they are as common sense suggests so but one of my group pointed out that it doesn't specifically say so unlike some cards that do and having an infinite amount of grenades makes no sense either.

Not sure about using them in alert mode but seems doable.


They are single use weapons - any multi use weapons have an entry on the ammo sheet , the card is grenade and not grenades.

In the rules Alert mode is linked to ballastic weapons using quick fire and Melee , a grenade is an exposive , so i would say it cant be used when on alert. I could be wrong.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Firth
United Kingdom
near mold
flintshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe grenades are one use. It seemed odd to one of my group members how it didn't specifically say so on the card, whereas a lot of others do specifically say so.

Yeah I dont think they are classed as balistic's though it would be pretty cool to do so and I wouldn't see a problem doing so.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And throwing a grenade does not require spending of action point.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Firth
United Kingdom
near mold
flintshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cougar_Cro wrote:
And throwing a grenade does not require spending of action point.


What? I must have missed that!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Taylor
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Grenades are single use and cost 1AP to throw.
You can use it in alert mode, but I'd guess it would be a very rare occurance with a very specific position of enemies to make this the sensible course of action.
Hope that helps!

Tayz (dice sports)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tayzyboy wrote:
Grenades are single use and cost 1AP to throw.
You can use it in alert mode, but I'd guess it would be a very rare occurance with a very specific position of enemies to make this the sensible course of action.
Hope that helps!

Tayz (dice sports)


I couldn't find that in the rulebook, am I missing something?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert butler
msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
the rulebook says:

"throw a grenade with a quick fire attack up to 6 squares"

alert in the rulebook says:

"Every time an infected unit moves 1 square within the
targetable area of a hero on alert with a ballistic weapon,
the hero may make a quick fire attack"

so yeah, as tayz says, technically you could use one on alert but there are few situations where it would be beneficial.

thanks

Rob

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dicesports wrote:
the rulebook says:

"throw a grenade with a quick fire attack up to 6 squares"



Thanks for the reply

This is only mentioned as a small font text under the picture where the grenade area of blast is explained so I missed that.
Maybe it can be put somewhere in the quick fire section of the rules. Just a note.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.