Subject: Properly Mark the "Subscribe" Button for Posts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
The "subscribe to this thread" button should be checked if the thread is already being subscribed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:
The "subscribe to this thread" button should be checked if the thread is already being subscribed.

I see its text changed to "Unsubscribe" if I have subscribed it. Do you not?

Or are you saying that you don't like that way of indicating that you are subscribed, and you think that the text should stay "Subscribe" and have a check mark next to it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Harvey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When you make a reply on a thread you're already subscribed to, the 'Subscribe to this thread' tick box is not ticked. Is this what you're talking about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Harvey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
caracfergus wrote:
When you make a reply on a thread you're already subscribed to, the 'Subscribe to this thread' tick box is not ticked. Is this what you're talking about?
This seems to have been implemented.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
caracfergus wrote:
caracfergus wrote:
This seems to have been implemented.

The "Subscribe to this tread" checkbox was not checked for any of the reply options for me just now even though I am subscribed to the thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He sweetened his game with aspartame and an overgrown sign pointed the way to
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmb
The default checkbox state corresponds to the option for "Threads" under "Subscribe by default when I post or reply to" in your subscription preferences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Harvey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good point. I must have turned on auto-subscribe recently.

This does mean that there is already a process that ticks the box, in this case when the auto-subscribe option has been set. This process could be added to by testing to see whether the thread had already been subscribed to. Of course, this is now irrelevant to me as I've turned auto-subscribe on, thus bypassing the "problem."

Ignore me, I'm talking rubbish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
The default checkbox state corresponds to the option for "Threads" under "Subscribe by default when I post or reply to" in your subscription preferences.

I didn't know that was there, thanks. I still wish it just tracked your existing subscribed state though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.