Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gabe elliott
United States
washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have been searching for some time for some decent metal gold coins to replace the cardboard ones that come with the Spartacus game. With such an immersive theme, I felt the cardboard coins didn't work for me. I've looked at many of the great metal coin producers out there but with this game needing 150+ coins, the cost was just way too high to buy that many. My goal was to stay around $20 for 200 coins. After much searching, I found these gold Portugal coins on Ebay on sale for $20 for 200 coins.

These coins have a great weight to them and the sound is awesome when you drop them on the board during bids. Now having a big stack of money on your Dominus board actually feels like you have something. Plus, they dont stick to your palms during bids like the cardboard ones did for some people They are also almost the exact same size as the cardboard ones.

I know there are some better themed coins but most were at least $1 per coin versus these at just $.10 a coin and that's just a bit much for me to just bling a game. Hope this helps anyone else looking for a low cost solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTorres
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Link?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gabe elliott
United States
washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I emailed the seller to see if he will be listing more. The closest I could find to what I got was this listing

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...gTUoAAOSwv0tVO3Dp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Kovács
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
I want to do the same, but I am to picky, and I want Roman coin replicas, not just any type of coins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmb
What about THESE metal coins???

http://www.flamesofwar.com/gf9online_store.aspx?CategoryID=1...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ppayes wrote:

I believe those are just tokens and not metal coins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.