1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions » Essen

Subject: What will be your first pickup 2016? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What will be your the first game you buy at the 2016 spiel messe? Will you be running there or walking at a leasurely pace?

Mine is probably Fog of War or Powergrid the card game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Yeung

Paradise Valley
Arizona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
What will be your the first game you buy at the 2016 spiel messe? Will you be running there or walking at a leasurely pace?

Winners Circle!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:

I'm coming to you Christian to buy Fable Fruit (if you have in English) and to drop off Beer from Shane.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Stürmer
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll pick up several copies of Lorenzo il Magnifico for a couple of guys from the mule list (and myhumble self) on Wednesday.

On Thursday I'll show up as early as possible at the Heidelberger sales booth.

Last year being in the very front of the queue I got The Battle of Five Armies for 15,- and Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) for 12,- and a few other cheap buys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing. I'll be demoing on Thursday morning. So most likely will see Christian, Paul, and others heading to Stronghold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Not telling, but I'll be running for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trond Åge Låstad
Norway
Bergen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a specific booth and game in mind, and I'll make sure I am somewhere at the front of the line when they open the doors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll probably be heading for the Eagle-Gryphon booth to check out Morocco, but no pressure - everything on our wishlist that has a decent chance of selling out soon is pre-ordered anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Frank
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EarlyFlash wrote:
Muemmelmann wrote:
What will be your the first game you buy at the 2016 spiel messe? Will you be running there or walking at a leasurely pace? :)

I'm coming to you Christian to buy Fable Fruit (if you have in English) and to drop off Beer from Shane.

:P

Hi Paul,

I (hopefully ;-) ) think you confused Christian with me... And yes I will be working at 2F, but we only have the German version. But Stronghold, which will be right across the 2F-booth, will carry the English version...

BR,
Christian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yorick Heijink
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be grabbing Scythe at Morning Players first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well that's embarrassing. Well, I hope to meet all of the Christians, both ones I've met and ones I've yet to meet!

To get back on topic, my first pickups will hopefully be Covert and/or Dadaocheng, but it'll depend how hungover I am.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Sládek
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Probably nothing. I'm not interested in anything obscure, so what I might want is going to be available for the same or cheaper price back at home.

Older games, now that's another story...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aiko van Wingerden
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
I pre-ordered a bunch, but one I'll try to get real quick is a copy of Clank. However I'll show up at friday so it'll probably be sold out before I get there shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Goeb
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
I'm gonna pickup Crisis first. I preordered the other games that I am (so far) interested in already. Also thinking about getting Covert as this might be sold out pretty quickly as well as they have very limit numbers of copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes B.
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
Honey?
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there is a game that'll be sold out in the first few hours (except maybe from Japon Brand vor TBD?) , so I'll be relaxed and will take the shortest route to get my "must get"-games. Since Heidelberger is closest to the entrance, Dead of Winter: The Long Night will be the first game I'll buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No one mentioned The Colonists yet? In that case perhaps I can leisurely walk over to the Lookout/Mayfair stand
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trond Åge Låstad
Norway
Bergen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Impy wrote:
I don't think there is a game that'll be sold out in the first few hours (except maybe from Japon Brand vor TBD?) , so I'll be relaxed and will take the shortest route to get my "must get"-games. Since Heidelberger is closest to the entrance, Dead of Winter: The Long Night will be the first game I'll buy.

Let's just say I hope they still have copies left of my run-to game when the doors open....
There are in fact a few games with 50-150 copies only, no preorders taken this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes B.
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
Honey?
mbmbmbmbmb
Traitor76 wrote:
Impy wrote:

Let's just say I hope they still have copies left of my run-to game when the doors open....
There are in fact a few games with 50-150 copies only, no preorders taken this year.
Okay, there might be games you should hurry to, but not on my list, I assume:

Dead of Winter: The Long Night
Ominoes
Cottage Garden
Tiny Epic Galaxies Deluxe Edition (yeah, not new, but I hope they have a deluxe copy for me to grab)
Terraforming Mars (German from Schwerkraft-Verlag, so no need to rush here )
Nautilion
Potion Explosion: The Fifth Ingredient
Mystic Vale
Bohnanza: The Duel
Meduris: Der Ruf der Götter
Cacao: Big Market & Golden Temple&Cacao: Chocolatl – New Storage Spaces
Holmes: Sherlock & Mycroft

If I'm wrong, please tell me where I should run to ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My kickstarter copy of hero realms : )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody is mentioning Feast for Odin?
Z-Man didn't take pre-orders, so I'm running over there...!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudi van Pelt
Netherlands
Lekkerkerk
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probebly going for Tiny Epic Galaxies Deluxe Edition first
and then hero realms and star realms united
Then play a game till noon for the mathtrade

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre L
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
Muemmelmann wrote:

I'm so curious about the first rush on thursday. Why are some visitors running ? Are there some incredible "first come first served deals" or games to be sold out in the first hour ??

Any examples of good reasons to run, last years ? (I don't expect anyone to talk about this year, because I'm a fast runner )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Japon Brand is always a popular target
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yorick Heijink
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year the run was also for Dice Tower Live Podcast tickets. They now hand these out first come first served on Friday. They do have more tickets this year... so hopefully it won't be neccessary to run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre L
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
Lorthania wrote:
Japon Brand is always a popular target

Aren't most of their games already sold out during the preorders ?
This year nothing caught my eye in their catalog so I didn't preorder anything

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.