$30.00
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not receiving subscription notifications for some items I am subscribed to.

For example, a Geeklist that I am subscribed to keeps getting new posts, but I am not getting the notifications.

Also, although I have items sorted by recent, I am seeing some items from September, then some items from October, then back to September.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto here, first noticed yesterday (20161114), but it seems to only apply to entries in this forum:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/forums/thing/205637/arkham-hor...

i've posted/replied/subscribed to at least 8 or 10 entries there, and never get notifications of answers (and yes, there are some answers ). My other subscriptions seem to be unaffected, e.g. i still get subscription notifications from posts in at least the following forums (apparently 100% reliably):

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/forums/thing/160010/conan

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/forums/thing/183571/deep-space...

https://boardgamegeek.com/forums/thing/100423/elder-sign

As far as i can determine, only posts to the Arkham forum get swallowed up (100% of them - i have yet to see a notification via that forum).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
I am not receiving subscription notifications for some items I am subscribed to.

For example, a Geeklist that I am subscribed to keeps getting new posts, but I am not getting the notifications.

Also, although I have items sorted by recent, I am seeing some items from September, then some items from October, then back to September.

So exactly what forum did you not get notifications?

* RANT *

I'm amazed how sloppy bug reports are. How in the dickens are the developers supposed to fix a bug with insufficient information? The developers don't have nearly enough time to dig through all the subscriptions and notifications for someone.

So it behooves all of us to put enough information in the bug report to see if someone else has the EXACT same problem. Frankly unless multiple users complain of the exact same problem then I doubt if the developers give a bug report a second thought. 99.99% of subscription problems are users not understanding how the system works and/or forgetting the various overrides they set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Die drei ??? und der geheimnisvolle
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
I imagine this is part of the time-outs, 503/504 errors, posting failures, empty image modules, non-working geekmod, non-working collections and geekstuff pages, that have occasionally plagued the site since some time in August.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
I imagine this is part of the time-outs, 503/504 errors, posting failures, empty image modules, non-working geekmod, non-working collections and geekstuff pages, that have occasionally plagued the site since some time in August.

That was my initial suspicion, but it's happening (or not happening, as the case may be) 100% consistently for the Arkham LCG forum linked to in my initial response to the OP, whereas the 503's have only hit me a few times per week. i'm apparently getting every other subscription notification, whether i'm subscribed to the forum as a whole or to individual articles within the forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.