Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was just perusing the rulebook for this fantastic-sounding game (it will be in my hands next week).

One thing I'm curious about, on Page 8.

How can an elimination be unsuccessful? It says that if the elimination is unsuccessful, then "the player flips their own Status card to 'Eliminated!' and gives their target's card to their pursuer."

I'm not sure how that would ever happen. If you're in the same room or in a room that can eliminate somebody remotely, it automatically happens (as long as the player chooses to do it, of course), doesn't it?

Am I missing something?

Edit: Ok, just went to the FAQ and saw the "what if I made a mistake" question.

Is this the only way that an unsuccessful elimination can happen, or is there still some other way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Peterson

Layton
Utah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only way to make an unsuccessful Assassination is if a player makes a mistake.

When I play AssassinCON I eliminate this happening by identifying all possible eliminations and then give players time to decide if they want to eliminate thier target or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question initially. I eas thinking that maybe someone gets overexcited and attempts to eliminate a player, but then they realise that they were in the wrong room or something, therefore made a mistake!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Robinson
United States
Concord
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow-up question. If the player who makes the mistake and is eliminated has one token black side up, do they keep it, lose it or give it to the player they thought they could eliminate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.