Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shelia Wright
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible for a game to generate without jungle? I can't find cocoa beans or the jungle cats and I can't find watermelons either... I have been around the map many times now.. I am playing on PS3... Any help is appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes you can end up with certain biomes way way out in the boonies.

Current map I am playing on I have not seen a single jungle biome. But did come across a desert one with a pyramid. Which while neeters, wasnt very helpful.

It used to be that the only way to get watermelons was to find the seeds in abandoned mine chests.

Now they also spawn in jungle biomes.

So for watermelons if you arent seeing any jungles then look for abandoned mines.

Cats/Ocelots spawn in jungles. But theres a 33% chance of not spawning so finding one may prove tricky on occasion.

Coca Beans are that other jungle item and dont spawn anywhere else.

So essentially its an ongoing hunt. Either that or restart. Consider restarting with a seed that generates a jungle nearby?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
Consider restarting with a seed that generates a jungle nearby?
No experience with that. How can you determine that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Maynard
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
_Kael_ wrote:
Omega2064 wrote:
I'm guessing he means start a new game, can you see a jungle from where you are? No? Try again until you do. Rinse, repeat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Nobody is prefect.
badge
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are map tools that allow you to build an overview of part of your Minecraft world. With some tools you can also search for special structures, like jungle temples.

EDIT: But these won't run on PS3, of course -- though if they use the same PCG with the same random numbers, you could still use PC tools.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Stile86 wrote:
_Kael_ wrote:
Omega2064 wrote:
I'm guessing he means start a new game, can you see a jungle from where you are? No? Try again until you do. Rinse, repeat.

Dont know if its still in effect. But you used to be able to enter a seed string and get certain types of biomes or maps. There was a whole thread on the MC fora for sharing these seeds and what each generated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.