$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're already in October and no word about the game. Upper Deck usually promotes the games they release on social media / BGG for about a month or two. Best case scenario, it will be out in December. Most probable, in 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well, to be fair for them, they might be waiting till Legendary: Deadpool is released. Or this coming week they might start since their spoilers are probably done for Deadpool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In July Mark promoted Civil War/ Big Trouble / Firefly... i don't think he would be overwhelmed by promoting both this expansion and Deadpool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Truuuuuuuuue. Although, they were trying to get them all out in time for the same con. (Gencon? I forget which event it was haha) So that did limit their time. So if they feel like they have time, they could be pushing it off.

Of course, I'm mostly playing devil's advocate haha. I do agree that it's gonna be at least a month or two longer (best case scenario). If anything, they are gonna try to push it out in time for Christmas. That would be ideal for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're about a couple weeks premature, Adelin. Most Legendary previews only start about 1 month prior to release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redlion64 wrote:
Well, to be fair for them, they might be waiting till Legendary: Deadpool is released. Or this coming week they might start since their spoilers are probably done for Deadpool.

They are two different audiences though. Not all owners of Legendary system are interested in Legendary Encounters system as they are not very compatible.

I also fear that there's ANOTHER delay, but then again there's nothing I can really do about it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
redlion64 wrote:

They are two different audiences though. Not all owners of Legendary system are interested in Legendary Encounters system as they are not very compatible.

I also fear that there's ANOTHER delay, but then again there's nothing I can really do about it

My money is on the post Deadpool release spoiler Monday leading up to a November release.

I've been thinking about why these delays, two if I remember correctly, it seems strange that the mechanics were so ... so not working so late in the game that I don't believe in that reason.
I can only think of two really good reasons to postpone twice, the first and most likely is a brilliant new idea that was so awesome they had no other choice than to included it and therefore delay the release. The other and least likely would be the sudden permission by a certain actress to give consent to being included. That would certainly create a delay so late in the production. I'm just dreaming.
Of course the mundane reason, the mechanics just not working, files deleted or lunar eclipse is the probable reason.
A space tumbleweed rolls by whispering November
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radomir B.
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about this rumor (?) about Jenette Goldstein... The character, Vasquez, is in essence part of the Aliens license owned by Fox, right? And pictures on Legendary Encounters cards are nothing but caricatures, only vaguely resembling the actors who played them (sometimes not at all), the cards don't use actual photographs of the actors. So why would be Jenette Goldstein's (or her agent's) permission necessary to use the Vasquez character on game cards? It's not quite clear to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
crimson glasses
France
flag msg tools
Maybe answers here :
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/27/this-80s-actress-finds-her-fi...
She has a new life now. Far from Aliens.
If it's her will then it deserves respect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radomir B.
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe, good for her...
Anyway, movie characters as well as publicity shots of actors representing the film characters are commonly an intellectual property of producers or movie studio. That's why I don't believe she's supposed to give permission to everybody who wants to use the Vasquez character.
She also regularly attends Aliens cast reunions together with Biehn, Henriksen, Paxton or Carrie Henn... So I don't think she would be embittered about the film in any way.
Then, NECA made a Vasquez action figure recently... Somehow I doubt they were supposed to ask Goldstein for permission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulfin Bedweer of Regett
Poland
Kyre Banorg
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
Look at my horse, my horse is amazing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thay say it "hatches in stores this December"
Here's the source:
http://upperdeckblog.com/2016/11/legendary-encounters-alien-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LeniVietz wrote:
Thay say it "hatches in stores this December"
Here's the source:

Latest update is more specific: 7th December!

This update states: Each of the four films gains two new characters, and each of those characters has an “uncommon” card that counts as two classes and has two different class abilities.

And what's more: In addition to two new characters for each film, this set includes a “greatest hits” Ripley. This 14 card playable character version of Ellen Ripley has one new card for each movie that references a keyword or other mechanic from the base set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen croucher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
https://www.board-game.co.uk/product/legendary-encounters-al...
Ordered
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just showed up at Great Boardgames for any Canadians interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to have landed at Miniature Market and Coolstuff, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.