Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Box Barrage is played and a tank is hit with a flag result, does the tank take a hit?
On one hand a tank will always ignore the first flag rolled against it. On the other, flags cannot be ignored for any reason.
Ultimately, the Combat Card trumps the rules I think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Curtiss
United States
Dothan
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'd play it the same as you, and for the same reason.
Combat cards are special circumstances that modify the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies and… Read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
If Box Barrage is played and a tank is hit with a flag result, does the tank take a hit?
On one hand a tank will always ignore the first flag rolled against it. On the other, flags cannot be ignored for any reason.
Ultimately, the Combat Card trumps the rules I think?

Yes, I think that's right, too. If you need support from the rules, I'd go by the last bullet point for Combat Cards on p.25 of the basic rules:

Quote:
• In case of conflict between the basic rules in this book and a combat card, the rules of the card take precedence. However, terrain movement and battle restrictions will always apply, unless stated otherwise on the card.

I know that the rules for Tanks are in their own booklet and not found in the basic rules booklet. But I would regard the Tank rules as an extension of the basic rules for the purposes of resolving the conflict between the Combat card and the rules for Tanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree.

Moreover, this is in line with how it works in all the other C&C games, so it makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.