Hide
6 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: are there repeatable milestones? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casual Tryhard
msg tools
A guy in my playgroup is saying that the "An Island Revealed" milestone should return each game because nothing specifically says to destroy it.

That's wrong, yeah? All milestones just happen once and are destroyed once someone clams them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Milestones are not repeatable. As stated in the rulebook they are historical moments in your world's history. As they all correspond to something in the Captain's booke it does not make sense that they can be repeated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casual Tryhard
msg tools
Thanks -- but honestly the right answer was obvious, I felt dumb even typing the question, but it had somehow became a point of hot dispute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Robinson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mcs1213 wrote:
Milestones are not repeatable. As stated in the rulebook they are historical moments in your world's history. As they all correspond to something in the Captain's booke it does not make sense that they can be repeated.

We were confused about this as well. In the Captain's book why do some milestones say to destroy them and some don't then?

If they should ALL be destroyed, why bother saying it at all? And then if you are going to say it, why omit saying it other times?

I think this one needs an official ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the quote handy, but I believe it has already been said by the designers that the destroy this card should be on all the milestones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav Weberup
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asked and answered
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23747913#23747913

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.