Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Thornton
Australia
Edgeworth
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see this in every update regarding wave 2.

How long does it take to get a quote?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I see your confusion.

If you run that through google translate to Palladiumese you get "sitting on our asses hoping everyone forgets about this."

Does that clear it up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
^ This
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Test Candidate (sans Deadly Neurotoxin)
badge
Warming up the deadly neurotoxin...
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
Ah, I see your confusion.

If you run that through google translate to Palladiumese you get "sitting on our asses hoping everyone forgets about this."

Does that clear it up?

Alternatively:

"We keep trying vendors hoping for free"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etienne BEUREUX
msg tools
Hexis wrote:

Alternatively:

"We keep trying vendors hoping for free"

Second alternative translation :
"We need to post something (anything) on KS every 3 months or so so that backers can't sue us, so here it is."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cygnus 2112
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and.....STILL waiting on quotes...but definitely 2017, yeah, sure..that's it, that's the ticket, 2017!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
The stats are at drive thru. I suggest making or getting your own models. I did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RockstarSuperVillain wrote:
The stats are at drive thru. I suggest making or getting your own models. I did.

And impressively, they managed to make downloading the stats almost as hard as assembling the minis. I seriously don't know which is more likely:
A) they wanted as many download items as possible to boost their download count.
B) they actually lacked the know-how to combine the cards in nice easy to download and print packages.

Not sure what that has to do with the OP though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
You can group download. Downloading isn't an issue. Having 30+ files you have to combine some how once you download is the issue.

I might have saved the print outs I made, put a lot on one page, etc.

I'll see what I can do

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Edwards
msg tools
RockstarSuperVillain wrote:
Downloading isn't an issue.

Actually, having spent over $600 on this game, having to download cards for a product that should have been delivered 3 years ago IS MOST DEFINITELY AN ISSUE!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
Totally missing what I was getting at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we really need to nitpick what is and isn't an issue here?

Palladium is in the wrong, and has either been lying or incompetently flailing about (or both) for years now, plural.

Their approach to putting the cards up is a little eyeroll worthy, but if anything it's probably based on them rolling said cards out over a period of weeks so as to have something to point to as 'progress'. "See, we put up another batch of cards last week! We're making progress!"

Despite these allegedly having existed as far back as 2014, from someone who volunteered his time with the project.

My friends and I dumped a giant pile of money on this game during the Kickstarter in early 2013, and I have no interest in paying Shapeways or anyone else another pile of money for more figures.

I know people like to use hyperbole here on the interwebz, but this game seems to be dead at all but the most local of levels. I know of people who have regular games among their circle of friends or game group, but nothing new for at least 2 years, possibly 3, maybe forever, attending Adepticon and Gencon but not running anything but demos and a few events for a handful of players isn't indicative of much actual support.

Hell, this forum on one of the biggest gaming sites sees almost no activity. Palladium's own forums similarly see almost no activity. The most active RRT venues on the web that I'm aware of are the Kickstarter Comments (a hive of scum and villainy and angry backers), Mike's RRT page (which has slowed to a trickle), and DakkaDakka (where we are... less than charitable about the game and those making it, but boy we're talkative about it).

Got on a bit of a rant there, and it's not really aimed at the 'downloading like 100 files is obnoxious' vs 'it's totally not' so much as 'it's probably more effort that Palladium has put into this game in quarters'. Hell, the content of the RRT subsection of their weekly newsletter is often about as long as the title of said section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Forar wrote:
Got on a bit of a rant there, and it's not really aimed at the 'downloading like 100 files is obnoxious' vs 'it's totally not' so much as 'it's probably more effort that Palladium has put into this game in quarters'. Hell, the content of the RRT subsection of their weekly newsletter is often about as long as the title of said section.

Its OK. I think we all are good with the "rant about RRT". It is the point we are all at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
not me. I actually never paid for any of this. Just had to build the god awful figures and like playing the game a little.

The wave 2 stuff kind of owns though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.