Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Your favorite monster ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey guys,

Just out of curiosity, apart from gear which is the monster you have most fun with in the showdown phase? And which level or version (legendary )

For me is the flowerknight, such an unique fight, I feel like level 3 is the only fight where the flower really shines and shows it's true potential and use of all the cool traits.

So, which one is the monsters you had the most fun fightin with ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the Phoenix and the Kingsmen. Both feel thematic. I wish the Lonely Tree model integrated with the phoenix so I could have a massive figure camping the center of the board for that fight.

I want to like the Watcher, but...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
the fight is dumb. The model is awesome and the idea of the monster is awesome, but after dragging your civ through hell for 20-something years, the battle is a gimme. I like what Adam was trying to do with it, I really do, it just didn't work out to something cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
DBK for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I bet no one will say this one, I'll vote for the White Lion. Just because it was the first one to introduce me to the fantastic KDM world and it's deep mechanics.

There might be others which are more sophisticated or fancy, but "Whitey" will always be in my heart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lane
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shu1984 wrote:
Since I bet no one will say this one, I'll vote for the White Lion. Just because it was the first one to introduce me to the fantastic KDM world and it's deep mechanics.

There might be others which are more sophisticated or fancy, but "Whitey" will always be in my heart

And my survivor's heart, lungs and liver will always be in "Whitey".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hand. There is so much character in this fight, that you almost FEEL that this douche is just toying with you. Totally immersive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gerba
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
The Slenderman (All levels). Such a horror fight for me. He will appear behind our survivors and erase memories. Encourages the survivors to stick together. A nemesis to fear for sure. With a few good rewards too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
ksiazekrzysztof wrote:
The Hand. There is so much character in this fight, that you almost FEEL that this douche is just toying with you. Totally immersive.

Just love when it points the ground and you HAVE to go there and get it, because the alternative is worse

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmb
Styfen wrote:
First time you fight it, The Hand. But he does not hold up to repeated fights, he feels like a monster that could have done with different AI decks for each of his levels.

Overall it's the Sunstalker, most interesting equipment, unique fight, well designed minions. Highly tactical. It's a superb monster to fight at every level.

DBK is close behind; but the issue with the DBK is the level 3 fight is almost unwinnable and is certainly not worth the effort ever.

Worst monster? If you asked me a month ago I would have said Spidicules. But I actually think it's the Flower Knight these days.

Interesting selection, why do you think the flower knight is the worse monster ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmb
I agree with You, i love the flower knight fight so much that I posted a variant on a "legendary flower knight " in variants, but yeah when planing which campaign to play i think it twice if I should add the flower knight, of course I could house rule it and just get 8 normal resources , but I'm not a fan of house ruling.

Maybe is as you said a monster to help people who is struggling with the game .

I would just call the bow super broken

Hope we get an update on him

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Styfen wrote:
It's fine for people who are struggling with the game but to be honest the design of the gear is completely out of whack with everything else.

The OP asked for criticism APART from gear.

I'm fond of the Phoenix. You never know what you're getting into with a Phoenix fight, especially at level 1, where the variety of cards that could be in the deck is immense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.