Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 24 of the playbook, describing Belgic non player free Rally, it states how the first thing you look to place is a Citadel, which according to the playbook, is not possible.

Why is it not possible?

My understanding for Rally is that to place a Citadel, all you need is an Ally already on the board, which the Belgic have several. So why do I not replace an Ally with the Citadel for the free Rally?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bassman211 wrote:
On page 24 of the playbook, describing Belgic non player free Rally, it states how the first thing you look to place is a Citadel, which according to the playbook, is not possible.

Why is it not possible?

My understanding for Rally is that to place a Citadel, all you need is an Ally already on the board, which the Belgic have several. So why do I not replace an Ally with the Citadel for the free Rally?
To place a citadel you need an ally in a city spot, those are the allies with a square outline around them, e.g. Cenabum in the Carnutes region or Alesia in the Mandubii region. See rule book page 3 section 1.3.3 for a picture of one.
The Belgae do not have an ally in such a spot in the example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew I was missing something...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.