Hide
9 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: First game (not prologue) milestone questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Schierer
msg tools
So we've only just completed the Prologue and the first game. In the first game we completed a few (but not all) of the starting milestones. Some of the Captain's Booke text left us with questions. The milestone name (which is not a spoiler) is below, but the questions are, so their hidden. (Aside: Given the spoiler nature of rules questions about rules that aren't revealed, Plaid Hat really needs a secret support site!)

An Island Revealed
Spoiler (click to reveal)
1) Probable rules error: So in the resolution of the milestone, it referred to two stickers on the Exploration Sheet, but the only similar stickers we could find are on the Upgrade Sheet.
2) The description didn't say anything about documenting the milestone or destroying the card, but it doesn't seem to make sense to read the section of the book again. (Other milestones have explicitly said to destroy the card.) So... we chose to document the milestone and remove the card. Anyone else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schierer
msg tools
Thanks... and I realized I posted this in the wrong forum, sorry for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Pisani
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
We encountered the exact same problem and ruled as you did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we have a source on documenting the milestone and destroying the card? That was my intuition, but I didn't want to make a permanent change if I wasn't supposed to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
Do we have a source on documenting the milestone and destroying the card? That was my intuition, but I didn't want to make a permanent change if I wasn't supposed to.

Hold on, let me check the (unofficial) FAQ.

Ah, here it is!

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/22575463#22575463

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow... So ALL Milestones are destroyed once claimed. I guess it makes sense (especially with the name "milestone"), but coming off Pandemic Legacy I was predisposed to having some of the same basic goals in each game with new ones rotating in. Neat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup! They are one-shot bonuses; first come, first served. Get 'em while they last!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.