Forbidden Desert» Forums » Rules

Subject: Error on the storm meter? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aldaron Surinen
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

Have anyone noticed that the sand storm meter is exactly the same for 3 and for 4 players? Is there a reason? Is it a printing mistake?

Thanks.

Alexandre
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably showing 3/4 would have been potentially confusing, so it was just easier to put 3 on one side and 4 on the other. They had the space, and it reduces the chances of players using the wrong one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aldaron Surinen
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for your reply. Sure. That can be a reason.

However, I find strange that the game is not made more difficult for 4 players in comparison to 3. Four players have more actions for the same number of items to recover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
AldaronS wrote:
However, I find strange that the game is not made more difficult for 4 players in comparison to 3. Four players have more actions for the same number of items to recover.

...and more chances that a nasty card is pulled before it's your turn again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True. 4 players/characters does not have to be harder than 3, but a higher number of players calls for a tighter strategy since all players are more vulnarable between turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aldaron Surinen
msg tools
mbmbmb
OK. I understand that.
Thanks for your thoughts.
However the importance of the probability of bad cards could imply that there is no reason to adapt the meter for 2 or 5 players...
It is possible that the dynamics is different with these (extreme) numbers of players (?).
I still have a doubt but I need more experience with the game to know what is best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.