United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Conservative darling Krauthammer suggests this tactic for Trump:

Krauthammer wrote:
He should just dismiss all the quotations that he hears, the way that Pence did. Deny it ever happened and then ignore the fact checkers the next day.

Basically lie, obfuscate, pivot and then wallow in ignorance. Seems legit.

I'm sure the Clinton campaign has planned for this with the ads already worked up and tied to the points she plans on making. Just like they did with Pence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hasn't this been the strategy since 2011?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the guy, Trump's best path forward is just to start saying "that quote was taken out of context" or "that isn't what I said" and immediately move on to some other topic. It won't work with everyone, but certainly it is far better than actually talking about the quotes and/or firing off a bunch of awful tweets at 3am.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
I agree with the guy, Trump's best path forward is just to start saying "that quote was taken out of context" or "that isn't what I said" and immediately move on to some other topic. It won't work with everyone, but certainly it is far better than actually talking about the quotes and/or firing off a bunch of awful tweets at 3am.

You are probably right, and more people watch the Presidential debates than the Veeps, so looking presidential might help him there, but do you honestly think he has thick enough skin to go 90 minutes on that? It also begs the question, what does he talk about? Policy?

Edit:For example even when doing a cushy warm up for the town hall debates he gets defensive and worked up about it. Practice? Only kids prwctice!

www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/donald-trump-preps-for-sunday-debat...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
sfox wrote:

You are probably right, and more people watch the Presidential debates than the Veeps, so looking presidential might help him there, but do you honestly think he has thick enough skin to go 90 minutes on that? It also begs the question, what does he talk about? Policy?

Trump's ability to actually do what he needs to do in the debates is an entirely different question than what he should do. So far I've not seen the discipline from Trump necessary to pull off such a strategy. His inability to put a filter between what he thinks and what he says is exactly why we have 20 years of negative quotes to throw in his face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
sfox wrote:

Trump's ability to actually do what he needs to do in the debates is an entirely different question than what he should do. So far I've not seen the disciple from Trump necessary to pull off such a strategy. His inability to put a filter between what he thinks and what he says is exactly why we have 20 years of negative quotes to throw in his face.

That, and just being a horrible person to think that way in the first place

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see conservative mouthpieces shedding their last vestiges of anything resembling common decency or the barest respect for founding ideals whatsoever. Because wellp, at least it's what passes for honesty.

At least for the 3 seconds that it'll take between this, and someone farting out HILLARY LIED ABOUT EMAIL SO IT'S TIME FOR THE PURGE NOW THUNDERDOME THUNDERDOME.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
Glad to see conservative mouthpieces shedding their last vestiges of anything resembling common decency or the barest respect for founding ideals whatsoever. Because wellp, at least it's what passes for honesty.

At least for the 3 seconds that it'll take between this, and someone farting out HILLARY LIED ABOUT EMAIL SO IT'S TIME FOR THE PURGE NOW THUNDERDOME THUNDERDOME.

This piece by Huffington says it best

"Paul Ryan Burns Final Shred Of Dignity, Will Campaign With Trump"

The way he announce it though is precious

"Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) is campaigning with Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump in Wisconsin on Saturday, though it kind of seems he didn’t want you to know that.

Ryan’s campaign released a media advisory Thursday titled, “Paul Ryan to Attend Annual Fall Fest in Walworth County.” It’s an event in Ryan’s home state, and the advisory lists lots of state officials attending.

Oh, and three paragraphs in, it mentions Trump will be there too. "

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/paul-ryan-donald-trump_u...

Not fooling anyone there sonny.

It would appear that very few of the GOP will be untainted by The Donald by the time the election cycle is over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:

Time for Democratic campaign trackers to catch full video of Donald's drunk uncle Lincolnesque oratory and racial healing, while Paul Ryan dies inside, stage left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
bbenston wrote:

This piece by Huffington says it best

The way he announce it though is precious

"Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) is campaigning with Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump in Wisconsin on Saturday, though it kind of seems he didn’t want you to know that.

Ryan’s campaign released a media advisory Thursday titled, “Paul Ryan to Attend Annual Fall Fest in Walworth County.” It’s an event in Ryan’s home state, and the advisory lists lots of state officials attending.

Oh, and three paragraphs in, it mentions Trump will be there too. "

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/paul-ryan-donald-trump_u...

Not fooling anyone there sonny.

It would appear that very few of the GOP will be untainted by The Donald by the time the election cycle is over.

Mercer and other big money contributors have essentially bought the RNC and if you don't line up they will destroy you. And what's so terrible is, it's not even political for Mercer. He doesn't care about right wing or left wing. He only cares about preserving the tax exception that makes him huge amounts of extra money. If you threaten his tax perk, he'll spend heavily to defeat you. If you don't support Trump, you will get no money for your election bids in the future.

Any republican who has a political future must kowtow to Mercer. And they have, in the face of hideous humiliation. I mean really, it's like they are down there on the ground licking Mercer's boot soles and looking up at him hoping he'll drop a few hundred thousand dollars of scraps on them.

I'm glad about the recent Citizens United ruling. And I hope we get a supreme court and a government in place that will eviscerate people like Mercer.

McCain proposed limiting that tax deduction...

http://www.politico.com/tipsheets/morning-score/2016/08/gop-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.