GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,045 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Star Realms: United – Missions» Forums » Rules

Subject: United Mission cards ambiguity rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was looking at the United Mission cards and there are two cards that I think have some ambiguity.

Rule - Objective: Have bases from two or more factions in play.

If I have a United base in play does that satisfy the objective or do I still need another base?

Unite - Objective: Play three ships from different factions in the same turn.

Do all 3 cards have to have different factions, or can I have for instance a United card that is Blob/Star Empire and then another United Blob/Star Empire card and then a Machine Cult Card since there are 3 different factions represented between the 3 cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
Do you wanna play a game?
badge
We are all prisoners inside the cage of our own flesh.
mbmbmbmbmb
Two remarks:
- this thread is not related to the base game, but to the Star Realms: United – Missions, so it should be posted there
- this thread should be in the Rules section, not in General

icesphere wrote:
Rule - Objective: Have bases from two or more factions in play.
If I have a United base in play does that satisfy the objective or do I still need another base?
I would say that you need more than one base, since it requires bases (plural).

icesphere wrote:
Do all 3 cards have to have different factions, or can I have for instance a United card that is Blob/Star Empire and then another United Blob/Star Empire card and then a Machine Cult Card since there are 3 different factions represented between the 3 cards?
Your example is valid, since you can count the first card as Blob, the second as Start Empire and the third one as Machine Cult Card, so it satisfies the requirement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
raphaell7 wrote:
Two remarks:
- this thread is not related to the base game, but to the Star Realms: United – Missions, so it should be posted there
- this thread should be in the Rules section, not in General

Yeah I thought about that but it looked like the forums there were empty, so I didn't think I would have a very good chance of getting an answer if I posted there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam (AFK/Away)
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Star Realms to Star Realms: United – Missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mahesh Shah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi guys,

With the Diversify card, do you specifically have to get 4 Trade, 5 Combat, and 3 Authority? Or is that just the minimum requirement?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Newton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mesh_86 wrote:
Hi guys,

With the Diversify card, do you specifically have to get 4 Trade, 5 Combat, and 3 Authority? Or is that just the minimum requirement?

Thanks!

I would play that as being a minimum requirement. If my opponent flipped it with 5 Trade, 6 Combat, and 4 Authority, I would still allow it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mahesh Shah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
That's great, cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raj B
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
icesphere wrote:

Quote:
Your example is valid, since you can count the first card as Blob, the second as Start Empire and the third one as Machine Cult Card, so it satisfies the requirement.

We were playing this as you needed 3 different symbols on the cards. So 2 United Blob/Star Empire would not count as 2 different factions. I see your way too. This is a disagreement between my wife and I. Is this officially the right answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.