Subject: Finding fuel tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Tremblay
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb

For the Trederra expansions artefacts (flamethrowers) which use fuel tokens, it seems once you use the fuel tokens they are useless (as far as I can tell).
I had an idea where if you draw the battlefield scavenge card "supply crates" along with shatter grenades, anti-rads bandages, you can also have the choice of 1 fuel token.

It makes sense that the crates may have ammo for their own weapons in there.
If this kind of breaks the balance (limited ammo to mitigate OPness) maybe if you want to pick up a fuel token, you roll a d6 and on 5-6 you find some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about you can take 1 fuel token instead of drawing a Gear card while in Trederra, or 2 instead of a Trederran artifact card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the cards that use fuel tokens all say that once you run out, you can discard the actual card itself instead of a fuel token for it's final use. These items are clearly supposed to function as if they had "charges" and once you use them, the item is gone. This makes sense, cause they're super-powerful.

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... and given one of the "flaws" of Shadows of Brimstone is all the best gear is available from level 1, which often leads to characters being fully kitted up fairly early on, it's good to have "super power" weapons which only stick around for a limited time, giving you once again something new to chase down when adventuring.

It doesn't quite get to the "loot scaling" seen in Myth and other Dungeon crawlers, but at least gives something worth chasing loot-wise when you have the "best gun", "best armor", sidebag full of awesome tokens and so forth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tremblay
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
I do like the gear and artefact to fuel idea.
Also like said that it is OP, trying to figure out something semi balanced so that keeping the players have the option to keep a flamethrower on it's last charge (discard) and not using it in hopes on finding a rare fuel token for it (potential dead weight counting against your limit).
Maybe players could go to Trederra just to raid them for fuel tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.