Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy Crawford - Greybeard
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have the 2 core sets, Frontier Town, and Trederran Raiders.

I've had the game awhile and loved it when I started playing, but got distracted by other things and have come back to it with a regular group and fell in love with it all over again. Now I'm looking to expand. So I know for sure what I'm getting next...

Next Purchase: Harversters from Beyond. (I wanted to pick up the enemy packs that appear all worlds before really getting anything else).

So... Can I get some suggestions for everything else? I was going to pre-order Trederran other world expansion but it was sold out before I got the chance. I still don't have Caverns of Cynder.

So knowing all this, what would you (other lovers of SoB) suggest I pick up and in what order? I'm not at all concerned about KS exclusive anything, just standard stuff available retail.

Thanks!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
First off, hurry up...
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/226322

Secondly I see you have Mansions of Madness.
Check out a cool new variety of enemies that have been extensively play-tested
here

The Masters of the Void is pretty cool, that would be next in my opinion and the Serpentmen to really spice up Jargono.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They got more! yay!!! thank you :-)

And thank you for the advice!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luckily, there's only one kse, the outlaw class.

Anything with the word "deluxe" in the title gets you a lot of bang for your buck.

This includes:
Trederra
Masters of the Void
Serpent men of jargono
The scafford gang

Other than that, I'm a big fan of the card pack supplements. (I don't like the anemic little artifact decks for the other worlds.)

I like Cynder, despite it sometimes getting complaints. Having harvesters and the raiders helps with the small threat deck.

Lastly: if they're still available, I really like many of the new classes from gencon. If they're not, no worries, they'll be back at retail eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, definitely get some Enemy spell casters after you get Trederra (which currently is the best Otherworld by far). After that, try to get some Bosses. I'm not sure what the landscape is for procuring a Burrower, a Sandkraken, or Be'lial but those guys really up the ante. The robots (Guardians, spider drones, etc) do a lot to enhance the theme of Targa but they're sorta specialized to that world (with some exceptions - there is a neat Encounter that puts them in the mines).

I do like Cynder; the mechanics are interesting, the theme is great - there is a lot of potential there. But you can safely wait until that potential is fully realized. Be'lial IS a pretty big chunk of that tho, so if you manage to get him then Cynder becomes way more enticing. He comes with a decent stack of Encounters, Artifacts, Threat cards, and Missions - half of which are for Cynder. Also, he has extra abilities/rewards if you fight him in the Otherworld. You don't need Cynder - technically - to use Be'lial in your games, but you get way more from both expansions if you combine them.

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great advice all. THank you so much!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also check out the Halloween sale on the website, they've got almost everything in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wholly agree with the poster who recommends getting Cynder at the same time you get Beli'al; he truly adds a great deal to an otherwise sadly too-small Other World. I would also recommend holding off on getting Trederra. While it is a lot of bang for your buck, it is also the deadliest Other World available; you don't want to be heading there until you're at least 4th Level, in my opinion.

The Serpentmen are fun and formidable enemies who really do a ton for Jargono; I wouldn't want to go into that Other World at all without them! Furthermore, they come with their Shaman, a powerful spellcaster who has not only Juju magic, but also Juju trinkets! Oh, and they also come with numerous new Jargono Artifact and Encounter cards, plus two new Jargono Missions! They would definitely be my first purchase, given what you already have.

After the Serpentmen I would buy Masters of the Void. The Void Hounds are nice, but it's the Void Sorcerers who are the real treat! They can be found in the mines and are a lot of fun to face. Again there are thematic, cool new Mine Encounter cards and Artifacts, along with another two new Missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't have the card supplements, they're on sale now at the frogs website. Buy 2, get 1 free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are good card supplements to get during the sale? I only have the Swamps of Death base set at the moment.

I'm thinking of getting the frontier town, serpentmen and void sorcerer packs instead of getting the 2nd core set.

For the card packs I was thinking

Mine artifact pack
Gear pack
either Badlands pack for more encounters or Swamps artifact pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wetworks wrote:
What are good card supplements to get during the sale? I only have the Swamps of Death base set at the moment.

I'm thinking of getting the frontier town, serpentmen and void sorcerer packs instead of getting the 2nd core set.

For the card packs I was thinking

Mine artifact pack
Gear pack
either Badlands pack for more encounters or Swamps artifact pack.

Big mistake. The best first expansion is always the other core box.

That said, treasures of the void, badlands, and whichever other world you have is a good start.

Seriously, get the second core though.
Then get treasures and the artifact packs for both worlds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooperton wrote:

That said, treasures of the void, badlands, and whichever other world you have is a good start.

I decided to take your advice and instead am thinking about getting,

CoA core set (more of everything)
Serpentmen deluxe (flesh out Jargona otherworld)
Void sorcerer deluxe (flesh out mines)
Harvesters (flesh out all other worlds)
Targa Guardian xl mini boss (new type of enemy, flesh out Targa)
Targa artifacts, Jargona artifacts, Badland pack (flesh out artifact decks)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wetworks wrote:
Cooperton wrote:

I decided to take your advice and instead am thinking about getting,

CoA core set (more of everything)
Serpentmen deluxe (flesh out Jargona otherworld)
Void sorcerer deluxe (flesh out mines)
Harvesters (flesh out all other worlds)
Targa Guardian xl mini boss (new type of enemy, flesh out Targa)
Targa artifacts, Jargona artifacts, Badland pack (flesh out artifact decks)

Sounds about perfect. Except I'm not sure badlands has artifacts. If you want more mine artifacts you want Treasures of the Void.

Just as a note: trederran raiders also come with threat cards for all worlds like the harvesters.

Also: frontier town is awesome.
It makes town a lot more interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Badlands does not contain artifacts. It contains rules modifications for greater risk and greater reward. It comes with extra encounters to be used with badlands or mixed in. It is very unique within what is available in SoB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually Badlands includes,

1 Adventure Card
4 Mine Artifacts
4 Gear Cards
6 Encounter Cards

It looked like a nice mix of gear, encounters and artifacts. Plus a way to change up standard missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.