Hide
5 Posts

Terra Mystica» Forums » Rules

Subject: Priests on the Cult Track rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Indenture Forlife
msg tools
I understand that you can place a priest on the Cult Track for 3,2,2, or 2 points and your priest will remain on the track for the rest of the game.
I also understand that you may play your priest on the (bottom) of the Cult Track, whether or not the 3,2,2, and 2 positions are full and receive 1 point on the track and you may them bring your priest back to your player board for use at a later time.
What I don't understand is when you may use that priest again. Can you use that priest again in the same round, like send him to the terraforming track to increase your terraforming ability? It must be impossible to send him right back to the Cult Track because you would then be in an endless loop.
What are the restrictions of using a priest a second time once he has 'visited' the Cult Track for 1 point.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
When you get your priest back from placing it on the "bottom of the cult track" for one point, it goes back into your supply.

You then can receive the priest in the usual way.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel you are misunderstanding something fundamental - but I am not sure what.

There are 3 different possible locations for each priest - on one of the 16 "3" or "2" spots on the cult tracks, on the player's board (which are ready to be sent to a cult or otherwise spent, eg. by advancing on the shipping track), or in the player's supply (where they are not yet available but may be earned later). [Those who know the expansion will note that I am excluding Riverwalkers from this discussion.]

When you send a priest to a cult to advance 1, that priest returns to your supply. You can't spend it again without re-earning it - usually in a future income phase, but potentially also from the priest power action, or the town that gives a priest. There is clearly no potential for an infinite loop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sending a priest to a cult for one step has the same effect on the priest as using it for e.g. ship or dig advancement (or for digging in case of Darklings): it returns to your supply and you can take it from there in the usual ways (ACT2, TW3, direct 5pw-to-1p conversion, income next round, ...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawid
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep.
Your supply is what you CAN have, NOT what you currently posses.
You have to somehow earn the recourse from your supply to be able to actually have it and then use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.