$5.00
$15.00
$20.00
Ian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note: This is a small review of a small expansion pack for the DC Comics Deck-Building Game. My review for the first base set of this game can be found here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/977463/7-out-10-definitely-... There is no point getting this pack without first getting at least one base set. The rest of this review will assume a playable knowledge of the game.

The first DC Comics Deck-Building Game Crossover Pack contains 7 new Heroes to play as, 10 new cards for the main deck and 8 new Supervillains to fight.

That's all.

None of the cards add any real new mechanics or twists to the game. You just get more of the same.

Three of the new Heroes get a bonus for playing Punch and three of the new player cards make Punch slightly more useful.

The Supervillains are to be played in a set order, increasing in cost with each card.

And that's about it. All the player cards can be used in co-operative mode with other expansions but the characters and the Supervillains are for competitive mode only.

So to summarise, get this set if any of the following apply to you:
1) The above additions to the game sound appealing
2) You love the characters featured in this pack – the Justice Society
3) You are a completionist for this game

If none of the three points above apply to you, subtract 2 from the following score.

6 out of 10.

Note: I have learned from bitter experience with this site that I need to stress that all reviews – including this one – are entirely matters of opinion. I am not claiming that anything I have said in this review is fact, it is all entirely my opinion and I am sure that many others have different opinions. If you wish to reply with yours, I welcome it. I enjoy discussion but will not respond kindly to aggressive replies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
I would much rather have had a big box Justice Socity or Legion of Super Heroes than Teen Titans. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Burns
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the JSA Crossover - my only wish is that it were a larger expansion, with more main deck cards, Impossible Mode Super-Villains, and maybe a new mechanic (like the Watchmen Crossover and Crisis 3 expansions have). Or yeah, a whole big box.

But the reason this Crossover is so great is because it utilizes Starter cards. It's not only the 6 Super Heroes except Dr. Fate, a number of the main deck cards and the Super-Villains might change your mind about destroying your Punches. I've mixed in the JSA set with my combined DC and Forever Evil base sets, and if someone chooses a JSA Super Hero to play, then we start with Solomon Grundy as the Super-Villain (not R'as al Ghul). This gives a "leg up" to JSA Heroes like Power Girl or Wildcat.

Great Crossover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, seeing further crossover packs getting more and more main deck cards, JSA deserves more material. I do like it alot, but more playable characters and main deck cards would be sweet. Golden age big box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.