Subject: More infos needed. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only a few days left before the Essen Spiel fair. So we need to know more about this game. Now. Please.

Could we see more pics? The rulebook maybe?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Can Adatepe
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Certainly.

As the designer and (self-publisher) of the game, I'm going to share some photos from the game we played tonight. Please note that these are just some photos I took with my phone and I'm going to shoot some more (and more professional looking) photos in the game's own page tomorrow.

Here is how the board looks like during the game play:

Here are the outlook cards (events):

Here is how the rulebook looks like:

Here is a more close up shot of the meeples and other components of the game:

Please feel free to ask me about anything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Can Adatepe
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Let me also tell you a short description about the game:

In this game, the players are CEO's of mega multi-national corporations. Their aim is to collect most profits through the game (the game's win condition at the end is to have most cash).

You do this by buying out smaller corporations publicly traded in global stock markets, and then growing your market share in various industries (in game terms, you try to occupy industry squares with your cubes).

The profitability of industries are determined randomly by revealing payoff cards at the start of the turn. So, some industries are not profitable at all sometimes, while at other times they are wildly profitable. Also, the number of cards to be revealed varies with Global Growth slider. This means, if the world economy is growing, you reveal more payoff cards and if it's in a recession, you draw very few payoff cards. The world economy is affected by major events and player actions every turn.

You can also finance your acquisitions by loans. This means players virtually have access to unlimited cash. But you must pay back the loans at the end of the game and loading on lots of loans carry a penalty, so it is imperative to take loans at favorable rates (the rates also are dynamic just like Global Growth).

There is also a geopolitical power struggle for world dominance in the background but this affects the players indirectly (as a major regime change can spell ruin to all investments in that country) and is not the main focus of the game. The players can take sides and help the superpowers to spread their influence. The players can also affect the world economy in a limited way.

Every turn (especially if the economy is growing at a fast pace, and the financial stress is high) there is a chance of a crisis happening and destroy some or all of the growth the players were depending on. Of course, some players (especially those with lots of cash and minimal debt) actually WANT the crisis to happen, and can take actions to increase the possibility of that happening.

That's all for now (I know, it's NOT a short version of game description) - if you have any other questions feel free to ask it here, or contact me privately
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucio Pierobon
Germany
Bad Tölz
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance to read the rules before Essen ?

THanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Can Adatepe
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Certainly. I'm now uploading the rulebook pdf in files section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Kościelnicki
Poland
Chorzów
Silesia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Where we can find you during the Essenspiele ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Can Adatepe
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I will be in Hall 7 - G111 in Spiel 2016.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaut Palfer-Sollier
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just browsed the rules. Very interesting.
I can already congratulate you for the very nice rulebook. Some typos here and there, but overall very clear, well organized and lots of examples.
Some more established editors or designers should ask you for help when it comes to writing rulebooks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Brandt
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
After having read the rules I also must say that it sounds very interesting. I very much like the genre of modern day economy based supermacy games just like Global Powers or Imperial 2030 although the latter was a bit too wargamey for me.

One question that I had when reading the rules was how much strategic planning is involved since I had the impression that due to possible economic crises and the lobbying activities of the players the Payoff Cards that will be paid at the end of the turn will differ strongly from those at the beginning on the turn.

Can someone who played Incorporated already comment on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Can Adatepe
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I don't know if I qualify as "someone who has played the game" (as I'm the designer) but I'll comment nontheless Changes to payoffs you can make during lobbying is small and does not cause the payoffs to "differ strongly" as you put. That being said, Subsidies square was one of the most popular lobbying locations during testing as players felt even little interaction with payoffs was important.

Crises are a different breed, though. Crises are relavant roughly 1/3 of all games. If you expect a crisis (i.e. high growth, high stress), you have to be much more conservative with bidding. But sometimes (especially when you are already behind) you push your luck, take a leap of faith, declare that "there wont be a crisis this round!!" and load in extra loans & overbid for shares. I saw that happen in some games altough I must say the success of this strategy is controvertial (even when there is no crisis, loading on lots of loans is very risky move by itself) but it works under right circumstances and a little luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Brandt
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Being the designer qualifies I am officially very interested now and will certainly visit your booth on Friday and maybe/probably leave with a copy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.