Jeremy Burke
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
Part Owner, Gen Con Games Library
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've been looking forward to this for a couple of months, but like everyone else am not going to back a CCG ("everyone else" because it's 3% funded after a week). I'm assuming that the "BIG announcement" is to become an LCG, at which point I'm totally on board. But that update is a secret. Can anyone copy/paste the BIG announcement here please?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bittermann
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Hey Jeremy -

Yes - I'm planning to cancel the campaign this evening and make that announcement publicly, but you're correct. We anticipated some push back on using a TCG-like model, but were hoping that our unique approach to card packs and smaller deck size would convince people this was the right approach. We were wrong - feedback has been overwhelming that the game looks beautiful and the mechanics look fun, but no one wants another TCG.

We have made the decision to cancel and re-launch late January or early February with a ECG model (expanded card game) since LCG is protected by FFG. This will be mean all cards will be included with the game. We will focus on constructed and draft style game modes with the release. The initial release will come with a smaller character card amount, and we will add more cards based on how we fund and stretch goals. We will also plan on expansions to add additional content much like Dominion and Summoner Wars.

I hope I was able to answer your questions! Tonight I'll be making the announcement and we have a video coming from one of our reviewers that will go over more gameplay and explain our decision to move to the new model.

Regards,
Eric Bittermann
Sky Kingdom Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Burke
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
Part Owner, Gen Con Games Library
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, sir! That's great news for the future of the game, and IMHO it's the right direction to take Land of Zion. I applaud you guys for taking this step... I know it's hard on the heart sometimes to have a thing not work out. Best of luck going forward, and I'll be following your progress!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel L
msg tools
Good stuff. I saw the game and was digging it but the second I saw "booster packs with x amount of rares and possible... etc etc..." I closed the window.

Good luck on your next campaign and I hope you all find a good model to go with, as I'd love to take a second look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bittermann
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Thanks Daniel -

Definitely a tough decision to cancel, but best for both the players and the game. We will be posting details about the new model and gameplay on the game's site in the next couple weeks.

www.landofzion.com

Regards,
Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Dedi
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
The game has been relaunched on KickStarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skykingdomgames/land-of...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.