$15.00
$30.00
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump blows off debate tune-up. Trump held a town-hall style event that was clearly meant to be a mini-rehearsal for Sunday but he has such low stamina he couldn't handle the whole planned 90 minutes of taking pre-selected questions from a hand-picked crowd filtered through a sympathetic moderator.
Quote:
On Thursday night, Howie Carr, a conservative radio host and Trump booster, played the role of moderator, and the crowd was hand-picked by his campaign. The audience didn’t even ask Trump their questions. Carr did so on their behalf. Before the event, Carr had said Trump would take 20 questions. He stayed for about a dozen.

And while Sunday’s debate will stretch for 90 minutes without a bathroom break, Trump bolted from his town hall in Sandown after barely more than one-third of that time.

Trump’s campaign did place a two-minute countdown clock in front of their candidate on Thursday. He repeatedly blew past that time limit anyway.

Even better, Agent Orange seems to think that Clinton isn't prepping for debate, she's 'resting':
Quote:
“I said forget debate prep. I mean, give me a break,” Trump said Thursday night. “Do you really think that Hillary Clinton is debate-prepping for three or four days? Hillary Clinton is resting, okay?”

Sunday night should be just as entertaining as the first debate, probably more so because he'll get questions from the audience. I'm going to have to DVR the Packer game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm done believing that he's secretly competent enough to hold himself together, but man, it would be an EPIC turn-around if he did even worse in this debate, then absolutely nailed the third debate.

It would be horrible, but it would probably make him win. And if he played up his lack of prep before the first two, kept playing it up for the third...

But he's not that good of an actor.

But if he was!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
The format is not suited for his "style" should be an epic fail and wont change his core supporters minds one bit.

Stream of conscience ravings don't usually get to the point until minuets 3 or 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly this will play well with the kind of fuck knuckle who supports him.

"He don nee nah prepneration, thaz for dem der collage taypes"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
I'm done believing that he's secretly competent enough to hold himself together, but man, it would be an EPIC turn-around if he did even worse in this debate, then absolutely nailed the third debate.

It would be horrible, but it would probably make him win. And if he played up his lack of prep before the first two, kept playing it up for the third...

But if he was!

He's not and even if he did pull off the third debate, that wouldn't move any votes. Things are becoming increasingly baked in the closer we get to election day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Some of the news services reported on his "safe space" debate rehearsal but I didn't see any that reported on the fact he stopped so early. Good catch!

I caught his "resting" comment and wonder how he could possibly know what clinton was doing to prepare for the debate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:

But if he was!

Clinton needs to continue relentlessly preparing for the debate and assume Trump is going to suddenly be well coached with good zingers. Now is not the time to get over confident.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Wow. Some of the news services reported on his "safe space" debate rehearsal but I didn't see any that reported on the fact he stopped so early. Good catch!

I caught his "resting" comment and wonder how he could possibly know what clinton was doing to prepare for the debate.
Russian spies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Russian spies.

Damn it - Slater beat me to it. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyOffice wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Russian spies.

Damn it - Slater beat me to it. :ninja:
My hotline to the Kremlin pays off again, thanks Putin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
unrelated but

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clinton/Kaine should really leave the joke-writing to professionals, or unintentionally to Trump.

What's the Hollywood/Jewish media conspiracy even good for if all we're getting is lame grandma zingers?

Edit: that said, what's the over/under on Trump saying something even more racist/sexist on this one?

CALL SEAN HANNITY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Russian spies.

Well the GOP's been known to steal debate notes (Poor Mondale) to feed zingers to their guy, they might not need to outsource this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
unrelated but

I think this means the RNC finally caught a whisper of sanity, cut off the spoiled child, and is saving the cash for downticket races. Trump still wants to come out ahead as a white grievance prophet, so he's not spending any of his own cash.

In any event, it's certainly a data point for the apocalypse the RNC always feared.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
I think this means the RNC finally caught a whisper of sanity, cut off the spoiled child, and is saving the cash for downticket races.

The RNC cutting off cash transfers to the Trump campaign would be its own headline. This appears to be an internal Trump campaign decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any money he saves, he can legally plow into his personal fortune thru rent, catering, and other expenses from his own businesses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
unrelated but

that must be wrong, koldfoot said ad buys could not be cancelled
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so going to be so white girl wasted 5 minutes into this drinking game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

Bill told him last time they spoke on the phone - Dont you know his entire candidacy is a Denocrat plot to deprive the republicans of a real republician!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Any money he saves, he can legally plow into his personal fortune thru rent, catering, and other expenses from his own businesses.

Republican gift is the BEST grift!

Remember when he said his campaign was self-funding, so nobody needed to worry about special interests? It's self-dealing, too!

Republican donors -- I... I'm laughing my ass off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
mightygodking wrote:
unrelated but

According to Politico its $1.6 million in cancellations. But the interest part is where. Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Maine, Iowa, and Colorado.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-cancels-ad-buys-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Doherty
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
The format is not suited for his "style" should be an epic fail and wont change his core supporters minds one bit.

Stream of conscience ravings don't usually get to the point until minuets 3 or 4.

You're assuming he'd ever get to the point, or remember the question by minute 3 or 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
Clinton/Kaine should really leave the joke-writing to professionals, or unintentionally to Trump.

It drove me nuts watching Kaine vomit up Dad jokes and weak Trump slams against Pence. Trump is a trash fire, but I have serious doubts that he believes half the shit he's saying, and he'll eventually get bored of this wacky "Presidential" scheme once the dough dries up or he finds some new hobbyhorse to shout at.

But Pence? Holy shit, that guy makes my skin crawl. He is the physical manifestation of some 'evil politician' cartoon character, with the perfectly clipped white hair, fitted suit, and almost comically rigid demeanor. The dude lied like a rug - including denying that he or Trump said things that any moron could find on YouTube in 30 seconds - and didn't even blink. Poker face game was on point. Pence is essentially homophobia with a pulse, yet Kaine looked right past him to zing some of Trump's golden oldies. What a dipshit.

Pence is willing to be a demagogue's toady, a raging homophobe, AND a pathological liar, all for his own dark ambition. Dude is legitimately scary. If someone thinks Trump is the worst human on the stage this election, I'm not sure I agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Republican gift is the BEST grift!

Remember when he said his campaign was self-funding, so nobody needed to worry about special interests? It's self-dealing, too!

Republican donors -- I... I'm laughing my ass off.

It's like The Producers. I keep expecting them to swing into "Springtime for Hitler"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
jmilum wrote:
mightygodking wrote:
unrelated but

According to Politico its $1.6 million in cancellations. But the interest part is where. Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Maine, Iowa, and Colorado.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-cancels-ad-buys-...

Reading the article, it's interesting in that the Trump campaign is using a "Moneyball" type approach, using some kind of polling data analytics to re target their spends. Sounds like they a cutting back ads in rural areas while maintaining or even increasing ads in urban areas. This could be interpreted as Trump assuming they already have rural areas in the bag, and now want to target traditional Democractic strongholds in the cities. Tactically I find that somewhat interesting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.