Subject: Crown Carrying Column of Zimbies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Takacs

San Clemente
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Crown Carrying column of Zimbies first player is not the crown carrier, what happens? Can the other player zimibies attack the same column?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Felli
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand your question, I think you mean something like this...

... Suppose the Blue, Red, and Green tribes are all in a column and Blue has possession of the Crown. The entire column is the Crown carrier, so any witchery targeting the column has a 50% of fizzling out due to the witchery resistance imbued by the Crown (even witcheries channeled by members of the column that target their column). Now, let's talk about turn order.

1. Turn order is Red-Blue-Green.

Red controls the column and may move it into obstacles or combat and hope that any wounds sustained will cause the Crown to change hands in the column. The Red zimbies may also move entirely out of the column and attack the Crown carrier, thereby locking them in combat (in this event, the Green zimbies would not be able to move out on their turn unless the combat had resolved and their column was no longer combat locked). Red may not leave any red zimbies in the column if it wishes to move red zimbies out to attack: because the two columns would each have red zimbies in them, the columns would be allied and allied columns may not attack each other.

2. Turn order is Red-Green-Blue.

Same as above, but with one caveat: Red may choose not to attack when it exits the column and wait for Green to exit the column on Green's turn and join the red zimbies, then attack Blue as a Red-Green column on Green's turn.

The long and short of it is that for zimbies in any column to attack that column, they must first move out of that column.

I hope I properly interpreted your question and that this answer proved helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Takacs

San Clemente
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you answered my question. Thank you.

Another option would be for Red to move the red and green zimbies out of the column and attack the crown-carrying blue zimby column. This option would provide better combat odds: +1 for the attacker(Red*Green) vs +1 for the defender (Blue & Green). But this option has a risk that Green could end up with the crown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Felli
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
S Lee T wrote:
Another option would be for Red to move the red and green zimbies out of the column and attack the crown-carrying blue zimby column.

Alas, this cannot be done. A shaman may only move creatures they control. For a multitribe column of zimbies, a shaman me only move their own zimbies out of the column or move the entire column (as long as they have at least one zimby in the in the column so that they control the column). See page 6 of the rule book, "Moving multi-tribe columns."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.