Subject: Starting out abilities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fall Line
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see the part in the instructions that tells me what some blue powers are. Where do i find the info or...

What does Spellcaster, Iron Hide, Bloodlust - melee actually get me?

If you aren't the Mage can you cast magic or do you have to be the Spellcaster?

Also, playing the tutorial If I explore a room that has the door broken do I spawn into it?

If I explore a zone that already has a starting zombie in it do I spawn to all rooms and the one that already has a zombie?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
beerbully wrote:
I didn't see the part in the instructions that tells me what some blue powers are. Where do i find the info or...

What does Spellcaster, Iron Hide, Bloodlust - melee actually get me?

At the very back of the rulebook is a glossary of terms explaining what every ability does

Quote:
If you aren't the Mage can you cast magic or do you have to be the Spellcaster?

Everyone can cast spells, use bows, use swords. It's just some survivors are better at it than others.

Quote:
Also, playing the tutorial If I explore a room that has the door broken do I spawn into it?

You do not spawn zombies into room that you have already previously spawned zombies.

Quote:
If I explore a zone that already has a starting zombie in it do I spawn to all rooms and the one that already has a zombie?

Yes, the zombies shown in the quest map are in addition to those that get spawned in normally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with blip there, but I feel that something more should be said about the broken door query...

If a map starts with an open door, such as the tutorial map, then you do not spawn inside the building spaces accessed via that door. In the case of the tutorial, that is the one Zone room to the left of the starting Zone.

Another way to say this is that you spawn a building area only the first time any door into that building area is opened. Places that start open are thus never going to be spawned. This also explains why you do draw a spawn card for the rooms that already had Zombies in them when you open up those areas for the first time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clarke

Ewloe
Flintshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its also worth stating that if you start inside a room, you don't spawn any rooms you could get to without opening a door.

However this is a mute point as none of the scenarios in the rule books start you in a room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.