Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martyn King
United Kingdom
Helensburgh
Dumbartonshire
flag msg tools
mb
If a tech II building is destroyed and you have tech II units/upgrades in play can you still use them or are they destroyed?

Whilst playing black against green my opponent got Might of leaf and claw out and it's ridiculously over powered and broken unless I've overlooked something or misinterpreted the card!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Destroying a Tech II building does not affect any Tech II units, upgrades, or buildings that are already in play.

Strategy suggestion: it's a pretty big tempo hit for them to put Might of Leaf and Claw into play. Use that turn to go on the offensive and remove as many of their units and heroes as you can. If you know MoLaC is coming (and it's a reasonable bet that it is, if your opponent builds Growth Tech II), tech in cards that help you deal with the swarms of token creatures that will surely accompany it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Martynking3 wrote:
Whilst playing black against green my opponent got Might of leaf and claw out and it's ridiculously over powered and broken unless I've overlooked something or misinterpreted the card!

There are many overpowered / broken cards in Codex, especially if you don't know they're coming. Tech 2 is where, I think, most games are won and lost. Lots of crazy stuff in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonwocky wrote:
Martynking3 wrote:

There are many overpowered / broken cards in Codex, especially if you don't know they're coming. Tech 2 is where, I think, most games are won and lost. Lots of crazy stuff in there.

Agree totally, the fun in this game is everything looks broken. But like jason said this game is won and lost at tech 2 (much like WC or SC), tech 3 is just gravy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.