YK Tao
China
Shanghai
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could Soviet units advance into Germany major cities or advanced fortifications if all the enemy units are eliminated in the combat? The rule said the Soviet player may advance into Germany major cities or advanced fortifications after combat ONLY if there was an “S” or “DR” combat result after terrain modifiers. But it is really weired that you can not advance into an empty city or advanced fortifications after combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ask that question over at ConsimWorld..there are a lot of players there who could answer your question.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1ddb108c/860
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Raitt
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's certainly what's intended. Rule 13 is clear and similar to the Siegfried line and German Cities in Liberty Roads. It makes the defense of the 13 advanced fortifications more attritional. Even at 6:1 there's only a 10/36 chance of a defender tactical results of D3 reduced to S. If the German has enough reinforcements to pump in he can, even if the hex is isolated. Replacements can't though if there's an adjacent russkis. German cities don't benefit nearly as much as even D results in an S. My advice to the russians is get stuck in and push on around the fortifications to other objectives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
polate wrote:
That's certainly what's intended. Rule 13 is clear and similar to the Siegfried line and German Cities in Liberty Roads. It makes the defense of the 13 advanced fortifications more attritional. Even at 6:1 there's only a 10/36 chance of a defender tactical results of D3 reduced to s. If the German has enough reinforcements to pump in he can, even if the hex is isolated. Replacements can't though if there's an adjacent russkis. German cities don't benefit nearly as much as even D results in an S. My advice to the russians is get stuck in and push on around the fortifications to other objectives.

I agree with Colin's interpretation of the rule. Those places are hard to take, if the Germans are willing to keep funneling in loss-takers.

And who said there was nobody on BGG that knows this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YK Tao
China
Shanghai
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for all your kind replies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.