Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received the game today, and inside the top of the box is an "insert". It looks like it's there to hold the cards, but it seems to be hard to get the cover back on with the instructions in the box and that insert in the top.

Is it supposed to be removed or left in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's supposed to be left in. If you stand the cards upright with the dividers the insert keeps them from being crushed. But you are right it does make getting the rule book a pain. I find it works best to put the rule book in with the folded side up. The trick to doing that is to pull out the foam blocks, put the rule book in, then the foam blocks and then the box closes up fairly easily. You could also leave the foam blocks out to simplify everything but then your cards will move around a lot and could get dinged up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'll be sleeving all the cards soon, so not too worried about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleeved cards fit perfectly if you remove one foam block.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As others have said, put the instructions in bound side up. And then hold the box tilted to one side with the instructions on the high side while you slide on the top. The instruction book will hang over a bit due to gravity and the top will slide on easily. Takes a little practice, but I can do it now really easily.

Personally, I really appreciate the way Tim Fowers packs his games so compactly. Saves shelf space, save wear and tear on components sliding around in the box, and saves shipping weight/dimensions. Whenever I break out Burgle Bros with new players there is general astonishment at how much game comes out of that modest little box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you fold one of the long sides of the 'insert' flat against the top of the box, then make sure the rulebook is on the same side, you can close the lid without interfering with the rulebook. And the suggestion of putting the rulebook bound side up will help make it even safer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dmoser22 wrote:
Personally, I really appreciate the way Tim Fowers packs his games so compactly. Saves shelf space, save wear and tear on components sliding around in the box, and saves shipping weight/dimensions.

While I agree the Paperback packaging saves wear and tear, the foam blocks are the physical proof of a "bluff package"
However, in this regard it is far from being the worst offender.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.