Hide
5 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Discarded Command cards revealed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bilbo Baggins
msg tools
Had a situation come up last night in a skirmish that I'd like some clarification on. When a command card is discarded through an effect, such as strain or Zillo technique; does the player have to reveal the discarded command card?

The situation was: I had the command card Data Theft, which allows me to play any of my opponents discarded command cards. My opponent declined to reveal his cards which were discarded through effect. Data Theft card was basically useless except for the few command cards that that he had played.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Young
msg tools
mbmb
RRG, "Hidden Information":

Quote:
Hidden Information
Some information on cards and tokens is hidden from players,
and cannot be examined. The following rules dictate which
information is known to which players.
• Other Cards: Players cannot look at the cards in any deck
except for the Reward deck. Discarded cards, active missions,
faceup cards on the table, and cards in players’ play areas are
open information and may be read by any player at any time.

Seems to be primarily talking about Campaign mode, but I think it applies to Skirmish as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
The opponent was being a d*ck.

The unspoken rule is that all discards are face up unless rules specify otherwise. (And the rules specify face up for used command cards.)

E-mail FFG to confirm.

You could also be an equal d*ck and pick up his discard pile and look at all the cards, both face up and face down before choosing one. The rules do not say how you choose, so looking through the discard pile should be okay.

Command Cards wrote:
· After the effect of a Command card has resolved, it is placed faceup in the player's discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bilbo Baggins
msg tools
jakers98 wrote:
RRG, "Hidden Information":

Quote:
Hidden Information
Some information on cards and tokens is hidden from players,
and cannot be examined. The following rules dictate which
information is known to which players.
• Other Cards: Players cannot look at the cards in any deck
except for the Reward deck. Discarded cards, active missions,
faceup cards on the table, and cards in players’ play areas are
open information and may be read by any player at any time.

Seems to be primarily talking about Campaign mode, but I think it applies to Skirmish as well.

Perfect, that's exactly what I was looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bilbo Baggins
msg tools
a1bert wrote:
The opponent was being a d*ck.

The unspoken rule is that all discards are face up unless rules specify otherwise. (And the rules specify face up for used command cards.)

E-mail FFG to confirm.

You could also be an equal d*ck and pick up his discard pile and look at all the cards, both face up and face down before choosing one. The rules do not say how you choose, so looking through the discard pile should be okay.

Command Cards wrote:
· After the effect of a Command card has resolved, it is placed faceup in the player's discard pile.

Haha. I couldn't have said it better. To be fair, I hadn't played Data Theft, just had it in my hand. I didn't want to spend the action without knowing all my options. I'll send him this thread.

I found that it said 'face up' specifically for the played command cards, but couldn't find anything during the game specific to discards and he argued that discards didn't apply. The Hidden Information section of the RRG is the written rule that I needed. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.