SeaFall» Forums » General

Subject: Missing components from the locked chests? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magnus Magnissimus Maximus
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of SeaFall is still in transit, and will hopefully arrive early next week. I am extremely eager to getting my group together!

However, these reports of missing components (princess card, starting event cards) is kind of worrying. The components mentioned are not critical for playing the game as the text is readily available and you can cross-check with the contents listed in the manual, but what if components are missing from the locked chests?

Is there some way of knowing if anything is missing or misplaced? May this be the reason why some of the rules apparently hasn´t immediately made sense when the legacy content is unlocked for some groups?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't see any way of putting this fear to rest other than completely spoiling the game for yourself. Remember that the reports of missing pieces are the vocal minority. My game came complete and I am going to trust the locked chests are similarly complete, as I do not want to tear them open and ruin the game for myself, when the odds are in my favor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Likely, as people open chests, someone will post the contents of each behind spoiler tags (if only because some like spoilers).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
I don't see any way of putting this fear to rest other than completely spoiling the game for yourself.

Why couldn't there be an index of what's in each chest (46 cards, 4 stickers, etc., etc.)? That doesn't seem like "completely spoiling".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Martell
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
Based on pandemic legacy... it's possible some components are missed, but it's highly probable you will know they are. It will be a rare few cases but is inevitable with large print runs. Spoilers behind tags will likely go up before to long so you can check you are complete when you open a box, and plaid hat will almost certainly be responsive to getting you any missing components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
KoalaXav wrote:
I don't see any way of putting this fear to rest other than completely spoiling the game for yourself.

Why couldn't there be an index of what's in each chest (46 cards, 4 stickers, etc., etc.)? That doesn't seem like "completely spoiling".

Because you would still have to open the boxes to check to see if you have everything. I assume the OP wants to know that nothing is missing before needing it in the game. Knowing you are missing something at the moment you require it isn't as useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Magnissimus Maximus
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
KoalaXav wrote:

Because you would still have to open the boxes to check to see if you have everything. I assume the OP wants to know that nothing is missing before needing it in the game. Knowing you are missing something at the moment you require it isn't as useful.

That't not what I meant at all. I have no need to inventory the locked chests before opening them at the proper time. I just theorised that if you open up a locked chest, and a card or other component is missing, how would you have any way of knowing? It might break the game, if for example an unlock milestone or something that reveals a critical passage in the captain's booke is missing. It's quite unlikely, but it might end up ruining someone's game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
benmartell wrote:
Based on pandemic legacy... it's possible some components are missed, but it's highly probable you will know they are. It will be a rare few cases but is inevitable with large print runs. Spoilers behind tags will likely go up before to long so you can check you are complete when you open a box, and plaid hat will almost certainly be responsive to getting you any missing components.

Similarly, a not-insignificant amount of Risk Legacy boxes had incorrectly labeled flaps to open (ours included), resulting in the wrong components coming into play at the wrong time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
Knowing you are missing something at the moment you require it isn't as useful.

It may not be "as useful" but it is still "very useful"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
So, is anyone willing to compile a list as they open the chests? Again, this wouldn't be spoilers, it would just say X cards, Y cardboard counters, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
KoalaXav wrote:

In no uncertain terms, listing what was in each chest would be a significant spoiler - event just the number of cards in the chest would be significant.

I'd prefer that people not even pick them up and see how heavy they are, but I don't get to stand behind you while you play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Urso McDaniel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure at some point we'll have chest-specific spoiler threads and those can begin with a manifest of what's in the chest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayahre wrote:
In no uncertain terms, listing what was in each chest would be a significant spoiler - event just the number of cards in the chest would be significant.

Well, then, as a quality control step the publisher could have put a slip of paper listing the contents of each chest IN that chest. That would be safe enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
jayahre wrote:

Well, then, as a quality control step the publisher could have put a slip of paper listing the contents of each chest IN that chest. That would be safe enough.

What if that slip is the one thing missing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
jayahre wrote:

What if that slip is the one thing missing?

Then you'd know at least one thing was missing...? Then you could always contact another owner to get the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jayahre wrote:

I'd prefer that people not even pick them up and see how heavy they are, but I don't get to stand behind you while you play

So, you're saying YOU aren't in any of the locked chests? Ugh! SPOILER!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.