Subject: Good game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: ratings_episode_999,999 [+] [View All]
Khian Foo
United States
Minot
North Dakota
flag msg tools
I find this game fun and interesting. Good for 5-6 players. But why this game doesnt get good rating ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
khian wrote:
I find this game fun and interesting. Good for 5-6 players. But why this game doesnt get good rating ?
Are you asking about player count rating or overall rating?

Player count rating still overwhelmingly recommends it for 5-6.

Overall 6.9 aggregated score is a pretty high rating for BGG. Once you get out of the top 100, most games that have a decent number of ratings (more than 5k) are 7.5 or below.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of games of the same genre have come after this one, and better games at that (matter of taste, of course). This definitely does good with a crowd that likes Bang (previously the most popular of it's kind), but that's not the majority in BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
From a purely mechanical perspective, Shadowhunters isn't a very good game. You spend the first half just mucking about with no info, and victory can feel as random as the dice. And yet it is fun, and a group-favorite in my circles. A part of it is the theme, I think, as well as the design of character objectives (which is the highlight of the game's design) resulting in some pretty hilarious circumstances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khian Foo
United States
Minot
North Dakota
flag msg tools
I totally agree. I've never played Bang! before. After playing a few co-op games like Codenames and One night. I find this game has more playability. It's not as short as one night and has a more interesting game flow. I do agree the art work is bad but I can definitely see this game reprint. The "No-clue" section is the one that I enjoy the most because as the game goes we get to know more clues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group loves it. It's fast, fun and easy to play.

The only issues we have are with the character cards. They are hard to read and newer players often forget who are good guys and who are bad. The dark purple color and being called "hunters" has left a lot of my players thinking that means they are bad.

Several times, a person has been attacked by a teammate over this confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Hunters is currently ranked 592. Personally, I give it an 8.6 out of 10.

We've had a great time with shadow hunters. Of course we also love Avalon (and one night....although a little less so). Social deduction is hard to beat with the right group.

It will never get rated as high as a top-tier strategic game....nor should it IMO. It's not the game play that is interesting it is the forming of teams/alliances and the gradual realization of who is what that keeps you coming back for more.

A top tier board game should have a variety of strategic and tactical possibilities that a game like Shadow Hunters lacks. But for pure fun....if you have the right group.....Shadow Hunters is hard to beat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's fun, it's very random, it's got some fiddly rules. A couple of the characters are dull or unreasonably hard to win with, but it's easy to leave them out. Some of the cards cause massive swings, as can a couple of un/lucky dice rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Lower Hutt, WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Think of me as the Bishop of East Anglia
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.