Tragedy Looper» Forums » Rules

Subject: Timing of certain mastermind and goodwill abilities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clement Wong

California
msg tools
Hello,

There are two cases in particular that I am interested in. The first refers to mastermind abilities with respect to having both a Brain and a Factor in the game. Suppose when the mastermind abilities phase begins, there is only 1 Intrigue on the School. Now, I use the Brain's ability to add 1 more to the School. May I then use the Factor's conspiracy theorist ability to add a Paranoia to a character?

The second is with regards to Goodwill abilities. Suppose Rich Man's Daughter has enough Goodwill to activate her ability. She uses this to add the 2nd Goodwill required for the Girl Student. Can the Protagonists then use the Girl Student's ability in the same turn?

The crux of this question is: for threshold requirement activations, when is the threshold checked? Is it 1) right before the activation of the ability, or 2) at the beginning of the phase in which the ability would be activated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
As long as you're in the phase when an ability can be used, you can keep using abilities of that type one at a time as long as you currently meet the requirements to use them. So yes, the Factor and Girl Student could be used that day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Teofrostus wrote:
The crux of this question is: for threshold requirement activations, when is the threshold checked? Is it 1) right before the activation of the ability, or 2) at the beginning of the phase in which the ability would be activated?

It's 1)

However, do note that mandatory abilities must happen first, optiona happens after. So you can't use an optional ability to change something, and THEN let that trigger a mandatory ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.